• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Breather tubes, hoses and where they go on a 2006 R1200RT

RB_RT

Greetings all
Once again life has gotten in the way and I have not been able to get back to my projects in a timely manner.
I took out the transmission on my 2006 R1200RT with the intention of either getting it rebuilt, rebuilding it or replacing it.
After several discussions, I ended up replacing it with a low mileage unit.
When I took the bike apart, I labeled the odds and ends as I always do as well as putting fasteners into bags and attaching them to the appropriate fixtures. But - the labels fell off of the hoses coming from the brake controller and the charcoal filter and I do not remember where they go.
The first line comes from a splitter on the brake controller. I would think that this should be a vent tube. The other two hoses come from the Charcoal Cannister. I would think that the larger hose would fit onto the vacuum port of the left injector and the other hose would be a vent tube.
Photos attached. Hose 1 is from the Brake Controller. Hose 2 and 3 are from the cannister. Can anyone verify if my assumptions are correct?
I cannot find anything in the BMW RepROM or any other manuals I have.
Thanks for helping.

Attachments

• Hose 1.jpeg
    Hose 1.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Hose 1 Origin.jpeg
    Hose 1 Origin.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Hose 2 and 3.jpeg
    Hose 2 and 3.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 90
I hope to take the tupperware off of mine in the next few days for new shocks. Will try to trace out those hoses for you if you do not have an answer by then.

I hope to take the tupperware off of mine in the next few days for new shocks. Will try to trace out those hoses for you if you do not have an answer by then.

Thanks Larry

Hoses1.jpg
Hoses2.jpg

I hope this clarifies your hose routing. The ABS (A) vent line runs down between the ABS module and the front of the airbox, over the the air intake and down behind the frame. The line (T) from the valve above the charcoal canister runs down to the vacuum port on the left throttle body and clips to the side of the airbox. The other vent line runs to the bottom of the charcoal canister (V).

The full-res pictures are in my Dropbox temporarily in case they are not clear here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xj38pbysdc0xd2m/AAAf1OHVSIaeBVxVwKg9XstNa?dl=0.

I'll probably be a day or two putting things back together if you need more pictures.

Back