Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Riding from Northern ( LP) Michigan to Great Falls Rally

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by derelict View Post
    I will be leaving from the Midland area on the 20th, riding the K. Taking 3 days because I have the time and Aerostitch really wants me to visit.
    Great FIRST post!
    I'll say those K-bikes must be fast and riders hardy... because 1,575 miles IS 3 days for most anyone.
    Get into Great Falls on Wednesday, at latest if able... the Rally seems to fly-by!
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by pnloud1 View Post
    I am working on a plan to travel to the National Rally in June. Considering options....ride all the way...not likely, trailer to Great Falls with plans to ride Glacier NP after the Rally. Wondering if anyone from my area is considering the same or does anyone have any suggestions. I am not excited about the long ride , so leaning more towards trailering to GF and back.

Thanks
    If you are thinking of trailering part way to the rally and then finishing with a ride, my home is located within 500 miles of the rally. You are welcome to park here and ride west. Or south to the Black Hills (250 miles) and take that in and finish up in Great Falls. You could make a nice little loop that way.

Just offering you an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    If you are thinking of trailering part way to the rally and then finishing with a ride, my home is located within 500 miles of the rally. You are welcome to park here and ride west. Or south to the Black Hills (250 miles) and take that in and finish up in Great Falls. You could make a nice little loop that way.

Just offering you an option.
    Hey Rich - great to meet you out that way last summer. My wife and I will be through there ahead of the rally, in our RV. I may camp where we met, but there’s is another good spot near the south end.

Hope we can connect, if not there then at the rally.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom || '19 CB500X

Of course you have to stop at Aerostich

Quote Originally Posted by derelict View Post
    I will be leaving from the Midland area on the 20th, riding the K. Taking 3 days because I have the time and Aerostitch really wants me to visit.
    I usually like to take the northern route, hitting RiderWarehouse, and route 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Hey Rich - great to meet you out that way last summer. My wife and I will be through there ahead of the rally, in our RV. I may camp where we met, but there’s is another good spot near the south end.

Hope we can connect, if not there then at the rally.

Ian
    That would be swell, you should have my cell number from a previous PM I sent you so keep me in the loop. I know the weekend prior we are attending a Bluegrass Festival in one of our state parks so it will be a busy week. But don't hesitate to connect up, we can see if something works.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Great FIRST post!
    I'll say those K-bikes must be fast and riders hardy... because 1,575 miles IS 3 days for most anyone.
    Get into Great Falls on Wednesday, at latest if able... the Rally seems to fly-by!
    I picked up this bike, my first BMW, in October so I am ready to ride. I am upgrading from Honda Shadow’s that I have done longer trips on and so far the K is like riding on glass. Pretty pumped up to join this community and I do love to ride. Doing the Rally, Grand Coddiwomple and mileage contest this year.

I just wanted to make sure if anyone wanted someone to ride with part of the way to let me know.