• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gasoline Prices

And when it’s ten bucks a gallon, five will seem a bargain. Gas here was around a buck ninety a little while back. Now around two fifty. I wonder why? However, the price of gas is the least of our concern. Safety is high on my radar.

We drove into Alpine today with several errands to do. Voni noticed that one station we go to was 20 cents cheaper for a gallon of regular than the one I prefer to go to. She said we better get gas now before the price goes up so we did. Two errands later as we drove back past the station the price had gone up 25 cents a gallon. Whew! I'm glad I listened to her. :)

Gas

This is just the beginning of increased gas prices.....you can think sleepy joe Biden.

Most years we see gasoline prices drop a little in the winter. This year in our town the price has slowly increased 75 cents since early November.
Wonder how high it will be by summer?
The increase has not been a big deal because we have not been out of town this winter.
Since summer I put approx 1,500 miles on my car and Debbie put approx 2,000 miles since last winter.

This is just the beginning of increased gas prices.....you can think sleepy joe Biden.

To keep with the rules and not make this a political topic, you might also look at what's happening in Texas as far as gas prices go (refineries off line or limited) and the fact miles being driven has certainly increased over the last months...supply/demand.

I’m sure that plays a small part, but to keep politics away from the convo......isn’t hard to see what’s going on.No shortage of supply
To keep with the rules and not make this a political topic, you might also look at what's happening in Texas as far as gas prices go (refineries off line or limited) and the fact miles being driven has certainly increased over the last months...supply/demand.

I’m sure that plays a small part, but to keep politics away from the convo......isn’t hard to see what’s going on.No shortage of supply

With the US starting to come to grips with Covid, the thought may be that demand is increasing. :dunno

I notice the price of a barrel oil has gone up about 20% in the last 4 weeks.

My running average fuel economy over the full 40K+ miles on my Prius Prime plug-in hybrid is sitting @98.2 mpg. Bring on higher gas prices...

Harry

My running average fuel economy over the full 40K+ miles on my Prius Prime plug-in hybrid is sitting @98.2 mpg. Bring on higher gas prices...

Harry

Which will bring on a pay by the mile surcharge. Careful what you wish for.
OM

Higher gas prices are coming. If anything, my high fuel economy tends to lower gas prices. But I'm only one person so that won't happen.

Demand will increase prices. My demand is extremely low.

Harry

So you say because of forum rules we need to look for an alternative reason for higher energy prices ?
Gas was skyrocketing before Texas froze over. There is no shortage. Commuting is way down. Yet today April wholesale gas futures are at $1.95.
It’s one thing to argue politics like it’s religion. But we all live in the country and we all live with the consequences of policy.
Like banning gas cars in California from 2035. I guess there is al alternate reason besides politics ?

So you say because of forum rules we need to look for an alternative reason for higher energy prices ?
Gas was skyrocketing before Texas froze over. There is no shortage. Commuting is way down. Yet today April wholesale gas futures are at $1.95.
It’s one thing to argue politics like it’s religion. But we all live in the country and we all live with the consequences of policy.
Like banning gas cars in California from 2035. I guess there is al alternate reason besides politics ?

Huh??

It was argued that due to forum rules we can’t be political. It was then said that one should look for other reasons for gas price hikes like the Texas freeze.

Well even Democrats can see that uncle joe is the cause of the increase. Politics or not. It’s a cause and effect thing. And here in San Diego I have seen 4.59 premium.
Oil increasing is due to cancellation of keystone and a stop to drilling on federal lease land. There is still supply for the future supply is going down. That’s driving prices up. Simple math really.

Well even Democrats can see that uncle joe is the cause of the increase.

Well, I'm not a Democrat but even I can see that Joe Biden is the reason gas prices are increasing in Canada. Oh, hang on.....:banghead

On another note, you want to try to de-politicize your posts. They'll make much more sense that way...hopefully. :D

Lastly, I believe the executive order was that there be no new drilling. Here, this might help. Make sure you read past the headline.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/biden-to-pause-oil-drilling-on-public-lands-report-1.1554190

In my experience complicated systems like gas prices are driven by many different things, and specifically rising gas prices - as the posts here over the last few days have shown - is an international phenomenon, largely because oil prices exist in an international market. So, blaming one cause is inherently incomplete at best, and incorrect at worst.

In my experience complicated systems like gas prices are driven by many different things, and specifically rising gas prices - as the posts here over the last few days have shown - is an international phenomenon, largely because oil prices exist in an international market. So, blaming one cause is inherently incomplete at best, and incorrect at worst.

Indeed, a confluence of Statist interventions of different kinds has artificially (and unnecessarily) driven pricing in general. Thank goodness for government. Without government, who would invent cars? No...wait.

Can you all stop “Trolling” each other into posting political posts?

TIA

The Moderator Team

Back