Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Gasoline Prices

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    Keystone pipeline would have no effect on US gas prices. That oil would have been destined for export, not US refineries. Project cancellation is a political red herring.
    Not so.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/k...l-pipeline.asp

The Keystone XL pipeline was to transport oil from Alberta, Canada, to refineries in the United States.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Not so.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/k...l-pipeline.asp

The Keystone XL pipeline was to transport oil from Alberta, Canada, to refineries in the United States.

Harry
    You know...

If you start obfuscating the narrative with obvious facts on social media, your going to piss a lot of people off. Stop that!
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

At the risk of diving head first into the empty political pool... I am in fact legitimately confused about something. I am not understanding, how anyone that owns an expensive internal combustion engine on a BMW motorcycle, and belongs to an affinity group that celebrates and supports riding this form of technology, would advocate or support clearly stated policies and mandates that would eliminate the use of that technology. Is it madness?

If a zero emissions viable option was available, I would throw a leg over it in a heartbeat, but decades of development, and billions of dollars later, even Ewan and Charlie still have to drive a Mexican bongo bus through half of Latin America, claim it’s for “security” reasons, just to accomplish their time line and destination goal.

When gas prices, fines, and fees make riding for any reason, even commuting, so untenable, with no viable alternative waiting in the wings, how will this enhance our lives... or specifically, for us... our club?
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    At the risk of diving head first into the empty political pool... I am in fact legitimately confused about something. I am not understanding, how anyone that owns an expensive internal combustion engine on a BMW motorcycle, and belongs to an affinity group that celebrates and supports riding this form of technology, would advocate or support clearly stated policies and mandates that would eliminate the use of that technology. Is it madness?
    It is possible to be an enthusiast and supporter of one thing while also being a supporter of another. Supporting one position does not mean one must exclude all others.
    i. e. It is possible to be a gun enthusiast while still supporting measured gun control policies. It is possible to support wearing helmets while still supporting freedom to choose.

Further, technology development doesn't happen overnight. One must the support current technologies in order to advance to better ones. I would opine that the electric cars and motorcycles made now are much better than they were 10 years ago. I know the battery in my phone lasts longer than the 45 minutes it lasted in 2001.

Carry on......