• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2021 Harley Pan-America 1250

I hope HD has a winner on their hands. I have never owned or been tempted to own a Harley,
but I want the company to carry on and for people to keep their jobs. There seems to be much to like about the Pan America, but its looks are not one of them IMHO.... but then, the looks of a BMW GS had to grow on me as well.

When the local HD dealer has a Pan-America bike available for a test ride I will ride to the dealership on my R100GS/PD so I have a basis for comparison. At $30k I think the new HD is a bit over-priced.

One wonders if HD shouldn't have done something sooner with a Sportster. Carducci has a pretty nice, albeit pricey, product. As I understand it, one needs to supply Carducci with a Sportster and about $75k then get in a long line.
https://carduccidualsport.com/

Screenshot 2021-02-23 081305.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HcCLIwj5JNc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/98WZFvAvN0g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When the local HD dealer has a Pan-America bike available for a test ride I will ride to the dealership on my R100GS/PD so I have a basis for comparison. At $30k I think the new HD is a bit over-priced.

Base model is $17,319. The "Special" is $19,999.

The radiator placement will be an issue. If you look at the pictures of the bike off road you will see a lot of mud caked on it. Aftermarket solutions will abound! Good luck to Harley on this one, it would seem to be a very good first offering (not counting Buell) in the segment.

It's ok i guess, at least Harley didn't price it way too high. When i read 150 HP i thought it was a typo. That radiator and tiny front fender caught my eye, same for the rear fender. Looks like they finally designed a good engine although time will tell.

Despite my misgivings about the way this thing looks from the instruments forward, I fervently hope for it's success. Who knows, in a couple of years we could see a standard-type bike like the R1250R rolling out of Milwaukee. And then a sport tourer. And then a sport bike. And then a full scale change of the type of rider typically associated with Harleys, present company excluded. :)

Looking at the specs I was surprised to see the R1250 has more torque.
The Adaptive Ride Height that lowers the bike at a stop is a neat option.

I'd like to rent one for a few days.

I wonder how they will be received at Sturgis?

A whole new section at the Buffalo Chip?

I wonder if Harley might accidentally have some in Daytona for test rides at bike week. If so i might just be tempted to take one for a spin.

Back