• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2021 Harley Pan-America 1250

Definitely interesting but pretty sure it won't be on my list. We'll see what the market says when it's actually released to the public.

Definitely interesting but pretty sure it won't be on my list. We'll see what the market says when it's actually released to the public.

This will be really interesting. That bike will not be much of an attraction to the HD faithful in my opinion. In a way, similar to the popularity of the V Rod. It will be a conquest sale bike seeking buyers from other brands. Some disillusioned BMW riders might be interested. Some on this forum will probably admit it. The nearby dealerships will be a plus.

Interesting.......so much kibitzing about how old the whole Harley Motorcycle platform is and now a NEW model is presented and here we go. :hungover
OM

When the bike was first mentioned long ago I was completely uninterested, viewing it as a styling exercise and a way to jam the Sportster powerplant into a different platform (Buell, anyone?). As more information, and more accurate information, has come out my interest is increasing. Availability of dealerships would be a plus, hydraulic lifters will reduce maintenance needs, and the automatic suspension lowering (ala Citroen)is a smart move that’s overdue in the industry. HP and torque look to be more than adequate and the weight is in line with the competition.

I’ll be test riding one when they come available at the dealers, not as an immediate buyer but certainly to get a read on how it stacks up against my GS. One of my GS riding buddies has a water head GS and an HD full dresser—I expect him to be very seriously looking at the bike.

Best,
DeVern

<iframe width="1182" height="665" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MQh_9tCVKQw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's see: I can walk to the nearest Harley dealership. The nearest BMW dealer used to be 75 miles but is now 140+ miles...

Harry

More info here:

<iframe width="1182" height="665" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fmuw-V5ADyc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder if those Anakee Adventure tires come as OEM?

Harry

I’ll be test riding one when they come available at the dealers, not as an immediate buyer but certainly to get a read on how it stacks up against my GS. One of my GS riding buddies has a water head GS and an HD full dresser—I expect him to be very seriously looking at the bike.

Best,
DeVern
:thumb
Many members have a Harley as well as their BMW.
OM

I think this is great news for the entire community, on so many levels. Hopefully they have enough success to avoid another "Buell" down the road. More ADV-riders just helps in the political arena, inflating the ranks with interest to maintain trails and expand, with luck, further resources.

Wishing HD all the success they need to keep it going.

Even more information here:

<iframe width="1182" height="665" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v3h9HrV6ku4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

I see Harley stock is up quite a bit lately. I think the market sees something good in this new bike, and especially the new engine, and Harley's effort at producing modern bikes for a change.

Harry

I would think all of that V twin, low end grunt will be an advantage for the Harley as an off road machine. It will be interesting to get perspectives from independent testers.

I don’t hate it, almost surprisingly so....... it will be interesting to see if it goes the way of the VR1000, VRod, Buell, Livewire etc. Will they toss tech in the trash if it doesn’t sell? Could it save them? Dunno........They could be on to something but they will need to continue to market to something other than their core demographic and be willing to look ahead.....not back.
I’ll be the first to admit that the XR1200 is the only thing that peaked my interest years ago. Total departure here.

There is talk the the 60 year old Sportster is going away. The antiquated engine design will not meet emissions so the 1250 that is in the PanAm will go into what ever replaces the Sportster. I think it would be a great bike, build a new frame and suspension, but keep the looks of the Sportster. Perhaps the purists would buy it.

There is talk of a new model called the "Classic" showing up this summer. Perhaps that is what it will be.

I would consider one in a year or two. 150 hp and gobs of torque, it's on my radar if I ride to Alaska again. And even if I don't.

Back