• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Issues More Recalls On R1200GS & Other Models For Fuel Leaks

I originally closed this but since the recalls are for many models, Motorrad seems to be the best place for all of the discussion.

Open again!

BMW Fuel pump recall

Thank Kurt - figured this would probably be the best location for multi bikes rather than trying to post in each specific forum

It would be useful if the chart in the other thread were moved here, since many will want a quick look to see if their model is affected.

Best,
DeVern

Seems like there's another thread that's been going for awhile on this 2nd recall.
Debbie has received two letters on this recall for her 2011 K1300S which was traded in.
I have not received a letter for my traded in K1300S.
I think it was her bike that was stolen from the shop after we traded. I don't remember if it was her bike or mine.
I replied to the email address that was provided today and told them where the bike was traded in and I believe it was stolen.
I was surprised the auto reply came from the car division.

Wow. That's a lot of bikes involved. Most of those listed are probably still in service too. BMW Motorrad is going to be sending a shipload of fuel pumps to the US.

My 2014 GSA isn’t included, yet

I checked the VIN on my 2014 GSA today and there are no recalls. So either the NHTSA hasn’t updated their database, or the table circulating may be incorrectly including some 2014s.

I checked the VIN on my 2014 GSA today and there are no recalls. So either the NHTSA hasn’t updated their database, or the table circulating may be incorrectly including some 2014s.

I got a recall notice in the mail today from BMW for my RT so watch for it in the mail. The notice said to call your dealer because they (BMW) have the parts needed.

Fuel pump

I had to replace my fuel pump while on the road and was not aware of the recall at the time. A $450 fuel pump and 1 hour labor and I was on my way. When I found out about the recall I called BMW customer service, they said take a copy of the work order to my local dealer and they would take care of it. GOAZ sent a warranty claim to BMW and two weeks later I had a check.

If you want to check recall status the definitive source is your dealer. I called my dealer upon receiving the second notice on my 2010 K1300GT; said notice included a statement that BMW had the parts and I should contact the dealer. Dealer procedures may vary, but what’s happening at my dealership is that when contacted by an owner they then order the parts from BMW, based upon VIN, and when parts are in they will call and schedule an appointment for the job.

Best,
DeVern

Back