• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Accent lights on a BMW!!??

There are a couple of clubs around here that consist mostly of overly-chromed-out FLHs of various years... Some have these accent lights... On most of them (in my < 2-cents opinion) it looks gaudy; in the few that have it low-key, it's sometimes interesting. At night, it definitely shows off the bike more.

I like to combine the peanut-butter creme Oreos with oatmeal cookies, yum!

So my question is, has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Yes, I saw one at the 1998 National Rally in Missoula. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was hilarious, and I just folded up.

Welcome, and thanks for joining.

Last edited:
Geez, $69.95? Hard to say "no" to that - but not impossible. :D

I suspect if one rides a bike equipped with lights like that then a red cape, white Stetson, and mirrored sunglasses are required parts of off-the-bike apparel.
:bolt

DG

I suspect if one rides a bike equipped with lights like that then a red cape, white Stetson, and mirrored sunglasses are required parts of off-the-bike apparel.
:bolt

DG

And standing on their pegs, while riding through town while having enough auxilary lighting to light up a Monday Night Football game.

Oh wait, that's another brand of bike. Nevermind! :hide

:dance:dance:dance

Okay so i provided a bit of humor amidst all the horrible weather in the south. By all means anyone that wishes to install accent lights on their BMW, go ahead and do it. Pay no attention to my opinions on proper motorcycle accessories. They are after all, just opinions. Just be forewarned you may hear some subdued snickering when you pass by. My next post may be about the "ride bell" i found underneath the fairing.

Okay so i provided a bit of humor amidst all the horrible weather in the south. By all means anyone that wishes to install accent lights on their BMW, go ahead and do it. Pay no attention to my opinions on proper motorcycle accessories. They are after all, just opinions. Just be forewarned you may hear some subdued snickering when you pass by. My next post may be about the "ride bell" i found underneath the fairing.

What??? You object to those as well??? :stick :laugh

We can all be thankful for your good taste and the fact that the previous owner divested himself of the rolling clown bike.

For those of you who think these lights may have been a good idea - you're wrong.

Other opinionated statements available upon request.

:D

They might be ok on an R18 ...

A cool kickstand roundel

https://youtu.be/aRE6wz8qXUs

I would totally be ok with something like this on about a 3 minute timer with the kickstand projected under the bike. Not only would it look cool but it would illuminate the ground-contact patch for the side stand or center stand. Probably also provide some ambient light at night for mounting, dismounting, and removing luggage.

“So my question is, has anyone ever seen anything like this before?”

Yes, usually on bikes parked in front of dealerships, owned by younger, independently thinking, upwardly mobile, BMW riders looking unsuccessfully for a community that would accept them and their riding culture as is, without ridicule.

Hmm... I wonder where I could direct them to join an inclusive, non-judgmental, BMW Motorcycle club? (Scratches chin and ponders reflectively)

My club membership numbers into the thousands worldwide, and although you are required to own a Harley lots of members in other countries and the USA ride BMW, Ducati, Indian, etc.. I'm almost certain not one has multi colored accent lights on their bike. We do just fine. Sorry, some things just ain't right and no one is going to convince me otherwise. I won't discriminate against anyone who does happen to have accent lights though, in fact they are more than welcome to stop by for coffee, just leave those lights off in my yard. LOL

Last edited:
“So my question is, has anyone ever seen anything like this before?”

Yes, usually on bikes parked in front of dealerships, owned by younger, independently thinking, upwardly mobile, BMW riders looking unsuccessfully for a community that would accept them and their riding culture as is, without ridicule.

Hmm... I wonder where I could direct them to join an inclusive, non-judgmental, BMW Motorcycle club? (Scratches chin and ponders reflectively)

:thumb

Back