• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi Everyone

cdguy1

So looking forward to meeting all of you, I'm a former Harley rider who is now a BMW zealot and who will stop everything, (well mostly), to have a beer and a bit of BS. Can't wait for the Great Falls thing to happen, since it's practically in my backyard, and hopefully Covid will be down to a dull roar and the border beingopen, can hook up or meet all of you in Montana. My present bike is a 2019 BMW F750GS, lovingly called "The Bumblebee". Will send photos at a later date when I figure the process out. Cheers and all the best from an old time biker.:blah:blah:drink:drink:laugh;);)

Wilkommen cdGuy1...

You're the second guy who's said they're swapping American Iron for an F750GS that I've encountered. :thumb

I hope you'll enjoy the Montana Rally; the one in Lebanon was a very well attended success. We plan to be there, particularly since we'll be CoddiWompling our way across the country... We'll also restart our covid-interrupted Iron Butt Gold Level National Parks Tour. https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/ :clap

Happy Trails; Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
:beer
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

And welcome to you mountains of central ID. Hoping we can rein in this virus and get back to some sense of normalcy soon, in time for a good 2021 riding season, including a great Great Falls.

Ride easy,
gp

Answering your Welcome

Wilkommen cdGuy1...

You're the second guy who's said they're swapping American Iron for an F750GS that I've encountered. :thumb

I hope you'll enjoy the Montana Rally; the one in Lebanon was a very well attended success. We plan to be there, particularly since we'll be CoddiWompling our way across the country... We'll also restart our covid-interrupted Iron Butt Gold Level National Parks Tour. https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/ :clap

Happy Trails; Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
:beer
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Thank you for your reply. First time for me on any kind of Forum so pardon my naivete! You fooled me when you said ciao, I thought that was Italian, not German. Looking forward to meeting you and swapping some lies. Have been in Germany once(to buy some cheap beer), but because our passport was not EU, we had to pay full shot. My good wifeof just over 50 years is of German ethnicity so I do know a few words and phrases. Can't wait to meet you.
Jerry Kubik:

Aswer to the Tampa Grampa

Welcome from sunny central Florida.

Hey bud, our daughtand family lived in Tampa for 5 years so I'm somewhat familiar with the state. Left my bike(2003 HD Road King) there for 2 years until the insurance compay told me that wasn't kosher. Loved the weather but the whole state is a bit too flatfor my liking. Love the mountain riding which Great Falls has, not too far away. See you there. If I don't acknowledge you, come and kick me in the you know where. Starting to warm up here(-2C0 right now , so snow should disappear soon. Stay safe!
Former Farmer and Plow Jockey' Jerry

Welcome to our family from Idaho! I think you will enjoy being a part of the BMW community, and will certainly enjoy riding your bike. :thumb

Hi Jerry.. glad to see you found this site. A few of us registered for the rally in Great Falls and still plan to be there if the border opens and/or if the vaccine finds its way here. You might also consider the get-a-way at Sun Peaks near Kamloops in Sept.

Out Newfoundland Experience

Welcome from Newfoundland.

My wife and I had the tremendous experience of visiting Newfoundland, riding the Cabot Trail and thoroughly enjoying the people, especially the selfless way they expressed theirjoy in having us as visitors and making us feel so welcome. Did not partake any of the Screech, but perhaps on the next visit, which I certainly hope will happen! We took three days off from the National Hog Rally, which in 2006, happened in Sydney , Nova Scotia. I rode across Canada, my wife Dianne flew in to Halifax where I [icked her up with my 2003 Road King which I got rid of many years ago after it had 168,000 Km. on it. Just love the Maritimes and all the people who hold them so near and dear to their hearts. Can't wait to meet you. My home isa mere 2 1/2 hrs from Great Falls so perhaps I can show you some of the sights that I am very familiar with and if you don't want to back through the U.S., you could swing up north to my home town of Lethbridge and take the Transcanda back. Your call but I would be quite amicable to talk over the possiblities over a beer or two. Cheers

My wife and I had the tremendous experience of visiting Newfoundland, riding the Cabot Trail and thoroughly enjoying the people, especially the selfless way they expressed theirjoy in having us as visitors and making us feel so welcome. Did not partake any of the Screech, but perhaps on the next visit, which I certainly hope will happen! We took three days off from the National Hog Rally, which in 2006, happened in Sydney , Nova Scotia. I rode across Canada, my wife Dianne flew in to Halifax where I [icked her up with my 2003 Road King which I got rid of many years ago after it had 168,000 Km. on it. Just love the Maritimes and all the people who hold them so near and dear to their hearts. Can't wait to meet you. My home isa mere 2 1/2 hrs from Great Falls so perhaps I can show you some of the sights that I am very familiar with and if you don't want to back through the U.S., you could swing up north to my home town of Lethbridge and take the Transcanda back. Your call but I would be quite amicable to talk over the possiblities over a beer or two. Cheers

:wave:wave

Good Old Idaho

Welcome to our family from Idaho! I think you will enjoy being a part of the BMW community, and will certainly enjoy riding your bike. :thumb

Love your state, man! What phenomenal riding you have, and it's practically in my back yardFrom Sandpoint to Kamiah, the gorgeous and breath taking Snake river, and Couer de lane, which some of us will get to experience in May, You guys as a state seem to have all that a bike rider would want, less the mobs of people. See you this summer.

Here Here, Stanley and Challice, you gorgeous spots

And welcome to you mountains of central ID. Hoping we can rein in this virus and get back to some sense of normalcy soon, in time for a good 2021 riding season, including a great Great Falls.

Ride easy,
gp

Ride safe everyone. Finished up the Tree Flags Pally two ago overnighting in either Kellogg or Wallace. They' both gems along I-90 which is a pretty scenic interstate. See you in July.

Love your state, man! What phenomenal riding you have, and it's practically in my back yardFrom Sandpoint to Kamiah, the gorgeous and breath taking Snake river, and Couer de lane, which some of us will get to experience in May, You guys as a state seem to have all that a bike rider would want, less the mobs of people. See you this summer.

Good description of Idaho for a bike rider, for sure. Where are you? :scratch

Hey cdguy, nice to hear you had a good run up here. The missus and I are opening a B&B for touring motorcycles one day when the world settles down, come on up. I am hoping to get to the Great Falls rally and would love to take you up on your offer. I've been through most of Alberta, not sure if I want to run back on the TCH, I think I'd rather find a new route I've never been on instead but we'll see what shakes down. I could always take a run at the TCAT.

Back