Thread: 1985 K100RS Remus exhaust.

1985 K100RS Remus exhaust.

I'm sure this is going to be a long shot, but is there anyone here that has a 2V K100RS with the new-style exhaust that came into effect on 09/85 with the mounting as shown below? I am in need of some very specific photos of how it mounts to your bike.

Thanks,
    Tom

Bluenoser
    I sent you some photos of how mine are mounted on my 86.

With respect to Item # 9. The stud on the bottom is mounted on the muffler first. Then lift up the muffler until it lines up with the two holes in the left foot peg bracket with the two spacers with holes ( item #9 ). Then insert the two bolts, # 12, from the foot peg bracket side, through the spacers and then then nuts go on the tire side of item #9. Item #9 sits behind the foot peg bracket and if you have the side case brackets they go between item # 9 and the foot peg bracket.

When you are reinstalling the muffler it is a good idea to slightly expand the ends that go onto the headers as you often have to move the muffler back and forth to get the holes on #9 to line up with the foot peg bracket.

Hope this helps.
    1986 K100RT

Quote Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post
    I sent you some photos of how mine are mounted on my 86.

With respect to Item # 9. The stud on the bottom is mounted on the muffler first. Then lift up the muffler until it lines up with the two holes in the left foot peg bracket with the two spacers with holes ( item #9 ). Then insert the two bolts, # 12, from the foot peg bracket side, through the spacers and then then nuts go on the tire side of item #9. Item #9 sits behind the foot peg bracket and if you have the side case brackets they go between item # 9 and the foot peg bracket.

When you are reinstalling the muffler it is a good idea to slightly expand the ends that go onto the headers as you often have to move the muffler back and forth to get the holes on #9 to line up with the foot peg bracket.

Hope this helps.

Got them. Thank you!