Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wunderlich America

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Just received an order from Wunderlich. Nice quality and easy to do business with. I need to figure out how to get orders shipped other than the post office. It’s probably part of the “shipping” conundrum retail is suffering from.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I need to figure out how to get orders shipped other than the post office. It’s probably part of the “shipping” conundrum retail is suffering from.
    OM
    That is interesting. Here in the rural desert with a few hundred miles of dirt roads folks love the U.S. Postal Service. Because we have a terrific driver we also love UPS. They both get people their stuff on time. With Fedex we might or might not get our package. At least once a day somebody posts on local social media asking whether anybody got a package not theirs. We live right on the highway so for us personally we get Fedex 99% of the time but our off-highway neighbors do not. As for DHL every package ever shipped to me via DHL in the past 15 years has failed to arrive. When I see anything has been sent DHL I just immediately ask for a refund. NASA gets stuff to the moon with greater reliability than DHL gets stuff to the Texas Big Bend.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    The Post Office just sent out a notice that my PO Box rent is going up again- now $150/year. I’m tempted to write on the note that I am going to have to go to online bill payments to save enough money to pay for not having my mail delivered.
    BTW, the mail carrier that goes past my house is EXCELLENT! He will see I get mail that the post office won’t put in my PO Box because they won’t forward 3rd class mail
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The moon? Heck, Mars! Our experience here in rural ID is similar to yours Paul. UPS and USPS are very highly thought of and appreciated. FedEx on the other hand... Our home is visible from the road with house number clearly displayed. We had new phones shipped to us in November. Shipped via Fedex.

I was working down my driveway on Thanksgiving weekend burning some slash piles at night. I noticed in the flickering firelight, something sitting by the base of a tree. It was box, visible to any passerby, with our phones in it. They arrived several days earlier than the purchase order said they would so we weren't even looking for them. No word from FedEx about the delivery. Not even sure how long the box sat there.

The real wringer is there's no way to contact anyone at FedEx and complain.

No DHL here, for which it sounds like we're fortunate.
    Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '93 K1100LT, '00 R1100RS

Also, regarding FedEx, in our area, they just drop packages where they see fit. Neighbors find them and since it's a relatively small, close community, neighbors call neighbors and get them delivered, no thanks to FedEx.
    Last edited by 6322; 02-23-2021 at 11:26 PM.
    Gary Phillips - #6322

From wonderlich to fedex! Wonderlich good...fedex bad. I thought I was just grumpy but I see other fedex experiences mirror mine. This may sound odd, but I get the feeling, from the several I’ve had encounters with, that generally fedex drivers don’t like their jobs. I don’t get that sense from UPS or USPS!

That may be it Rick. I hadn't thought about it from that perspective.
    Gary Phillips - #6322

A few years ago i ordered an Ashley coffee table in a box. I think it weighed 60 pounds. Fedex driver just marked it as "delivery not accepted" and FED ex returned the item to the shipper that same day withouit bothering to notify me. Looked back through security camera video. No Fedex truck came by. It was just too heavy and someone didn't want to bother with it. Worst package delivery service in the world. One of the Fedex drivers here is terrified of dogs. Why would you even get a job as a home delivery man if you were scared of dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    I thought the Sierra Nevada was a little west of N.C.?

They are located about 20 miles to the southwest of Asheville in Mills River, not far off I-26. A great place to stop in!

Sierra Nevada did come in from out west where they still have a brewery, but good beer is good beer no matter where it's made. I guess this could be called Sierra Nevada East.
    Before you head over to Sierra Nevada Brewing {we enjoyed our First Visitation}, U might wanna see if they're even Open! On a day trip from the Blue Ridge M/C Campground last June, we discovered they were "TAKE AWAY" Only due to covid restrictions... Headed back south to the campground, we did encounter the Burning Blush Brewery, 4891 Boylston Hwy, Mills River, NC. They were open to wandering bikers and family groups, when the Big Fella up the road was closed - especially to wandering BMWs!!!

Be Safe & Have Fun while you're at it! Let the Grand CoddiWomple Commence!
    Ciao!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
    '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

FWIW, here in southern Maine the service from USPS and UPS has been frankly exceptional. Haven't had FedEx as often, but no drama when they have been here. And my son collects older 35mm cameras and will buy them from Japan, where the shipment will come via DHL. He's not had any issues with them either; I guess we're just lucky. Still and all, I always use USPS or (rarely) UPS outbound, with very good results.
    Dave K.
    1971 R75/5, 2016 R1200R

USPS is good for the most part.............until it gets to Memphis TN. This has to be the worst post office in the country. I routinely have packages stalled in Memphis for over a week with no movement. I live 100 miles away from there and that is the distribution hub for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave View Post
    USPS is good for the most part.............until it gets to Memphis TN. This has to be the worst post office in the country. I routinely have packages stalled in Memphis for over a week with no movement. I live 100 miles away from there and that is the distribution hub for the area.
    I used them for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. Customer service was great. I asked them to wave shipping because their prices were very high. No questions asked they did a courtesy free shipping order.

USPS works fine for me here in upstate NY as does UPS...FedEx is a continual disappointment vis a vis communication, delivery and attitude of workers. To be sure, the attitude part is often a function of BOTH parties attitudes- I get along fine with all my other delivery and service providers.

One of the best motorcycle accessory purchases I've made in my 40 years of riding was buying a windscreen for my 2016 R1200RS from Wunderlich (America). Phenomenally engineered and manufactured. Worth every penny...and it was a lot of pennies.