• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wunderlich America

Definitely very pricey. I was shocked when i looked up the little clear fairing wings on a K1300GT i bought. Ouch. It was definitely a quality part though. I turned the bike over at slower speed and those things kept most of the fairing from getting damaged. All i did was sand and polish the gouged edge of the plastic and it was good to go.

Good to hear from you again truckerdave. Must be a good thing living in MS while some of us are looking out at a few inches of snow on the ground...Spring is coming they say. We'll see.

Wunderlich products are pricey but the quality is second to none.
Wunderlich does not ship to the US.
I wondered why even after doing the price conversion, Wunderlich was cheaper than Wunderlich America.

After talking to them I found out that WA is not Wunderlich, but a distributor in America for Wunderlich products.
This makes them liable for shipping fees, import duties, etc,etc.

WA has treated me more than fairly on returns and I will continue to do business with them.

When I bought my R1100S I bought just about every worthwhile Wunderlich accessory for it.

I'm still paying off the loan...

When in the mountains of western NC, you can stop at their shop in Hendersonville. It is really a catalog/mailorder shop, not an "all products on display" store, but the folks are great and you can see some really neat bikes and old euro cars that they are working on and using. When I was there last year, I tried on the HeLite jacket. To bad it does not come in tall sizes or I would have one; the cuffs came too far up my long arms to work for me.

A lot of good German farkles at that place!

When anyone is in Hendersonville they should stop in at the great Sierra Nevada brewery near Asheville.

...the great Sierra Nevada brewery near Asheville.

I thought the Sierra Nevada was a little west of N.C.?

They should have thought of a more localized name like the Biltmore Brewery or perhaps the Blue Ridge Brewhouse.

Just an opinion....

They are located about 20 miles to the southwest of Asheville in Mills River, not far off I-26. A great place to stop in!

Sierra Nevada did come in from out west where they still have a brewery, but good beer is good beer no matter where it's made. I guess this could be called Sierra Nevada East.

They are located about 20 miles to the southwest of Asheville in Mills River, not far off I-26. A great place to stop in!

Sierra Nevada did come in from out west where they still have a brewery, but good beer is good beer no matter where it's made. I guess this could be called Sierra Nevada East.

Here's the URL for the place: https://sierranevada.com/visit/north-carolina/taproom/

Here's a photo of the main bar area:

IMG_2558.JPG

Just received an order from Wunderlich. Nice quality and easy to do business with. I need to figure out how to get orders shipped other than the post office. It’s probably part of the “shipping” conundrum retail is suffering from.
OM

I need to figure out how to get orders shipped other than the post office. It’s probably part of the “shipping” conundrum retail is suffering from.
OM

That is interesting. Here in the rural desert with a few hundred miles of dirt roads folks love the U.S. Postal Service. Because we have a terrific driver we also love UPS. They both get people their stuff on time. With Fedex we might or might not get our package. At least once a day somebody posts on local social media asking whether anybody got a package not theirs. We live right on the highway so for us personally we get Fedex 99% of the time but our off-highway neighbors do not. As for DHL every package ever shipped to me via DHL in the past 15 years has failed to arrive. When I see anything has been sent DHL I just immediately ask for a refund. NASA gets stuff to the moon with greater reliability than DHL gets stuff to the Texas Big Bend.

The Post Office just sent out a notice that my PO Box rent is going up again- now $150/year. I’m tempted to write on the note that I am going to have to go to online bill payments to save enough money to pay for not having my mail delivered. :brow
BTW, the mail carrier that goes past my house is EXCELLENT! He will see I get mail that the post office won’t put in my PO Box because they won’t forward 3rd class mail :scratch
OM

The moon? Heck, Mars! Our experience here in rural ID is similar to yours Paul. UPS and USPS are very highly thought of and appreciated. FedEx on the other hand... Our home is visible from the road with house number clearly displayed. We had new phones shipped to us in November. Shipped via Fedex.

I was working down my driveway on Thanksgiving weekend burning some slash piles at night. I noticed in the flickering firelight, something sitting by the base of a tree. It was box, visible to any passerby, with our phones in it. They arrived several days earlier than the purchase order said they would so we weren't even looking for them. No word from FedEx about the delivery. Not even sure how long the box sat there.

The real wringer is there's no way to contact anyone at FedEx and complain.

No DHL here, for which it sounds like we're fortunate.

Also, regarding FedEx, in our area, they just drop packages where they see fit. Neighbors find them and since it's a relatively small, close community, neighbors call neighbors and get them delivered, no thanks to FedEx.

Last edited:
Back