• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nascar 2021

I always remembered Jimmy "Smut" Means and Michael "Fatback" McSwain, although Fatback was a crew chief.

I was always partial to Buddy "Punch Yer Lights Out" Baker. :D

Where has all the helmet throwing, pit crew fights and general threats of personal injury gone? Baker, Pearson, Yarborough, Yarbrough, Petty and more - the good ole boys.

Hard to throw a punch and maintain proper social distancing. Although, if Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney hadn't been such good friends, you would have seen some after the Busch Clash last week.

:dance:dance:dance

We’ve gone from moonshiners to social media influencers with PR firms. :dunno

And people who used to race for a plastic trophy now racing for millions of dollars. And cars with more wind tunnel time than front line fighter aircraft from the Korean war.

:dance:dance:dance

For those that haven't been to a Nascar race, let me tell you it is a ton of fun.

1. Most tracks let you WALK along the fence right next to the cars going by at 180+, not stand there, but walk the fence.
I usually walk the fence 10-15 times a race.
2. The restarts are * Awesome * to see live.
3. If you can walk down and get a clear view of the cars entering a corner it is crazy, powersliding at very high speeds.
4. The Women who go, this is worth the price of admission right there, the beehive big hair, tons of costume jewelry etc etc
5. Bring double hearing protection as it is super loud, like ear plugs and a high quality headset.

Highly recommended to all motorheads for a bucket list trip!!
Nick

For the anti left turn viewers, road course today.
Xfinity last night and the Truck Series the night before on the Daytona Road Course.
Lat night it was pretty cool to see Joe Gibbs watch his grandson win in one of the Gibbs cars- in the grandson's first Xfinity race. :thumb
OM

Gary, Your thread.... start a poll in which people take a stab at trying to guess how many yellowfins flag there will be and how many red flags as well.

Put me down for 15-20 yellow and 2 red. Should be fun to watch, as well as opening the door for some unusual top finishers.

Gary, Your thread.... start a poll in which people take a stab at trying to guess how many yellowfins flag there will be and how many red flags as well.

Put me down for 15-20 yellow and 2 red. Should be fun to watch, as well as opening the door for some unusual top finishers.

I think I know what you are getting at :)
I don’t think it will be as bad as you think. Many of those guys grew up on dirt and worked their way up. I think it will be action packed. Tomorrow nights truck race should be a good preview.
OM

I think I know what you are getting at :)
I don’t think it will be as bad as you think. Many of those guys grew up on dirt and worked their way up. I think it will be action packed. Tomorrow nights truck race should be a good preview.
OM

Perhaps. There are many drivers who got where they are today by being good on dirt. Much like the success that US flat trackers had in grand prix motorcycling, learning to control a car on dirt carries over to confidence on pavement. But..... this weekend there will be many drivers that are very good on dirt and the stakes are high. Bristol always features a bunch of bump'n and rub'n and in this race I think we will see more than ever.

First race of the year in F1 and MotoGP this weekend and flat track and NHRA was last weekend..... drivers and riders, start your engines!

Perhaps. There are many drivers who got where they are today by being good on dirt. Much like the success that US flat trackers had in grand prix motorcycling, learning to control a car on dirt carries over to confidence on pavement. But..... this weekend there will be many drivers that are very good on dirt and the stakes are high. Bristol always features a bunch of bump'n and rub'n and in this race I think we will see more than ever.

First race of the year in F1 and MotoGP this weekend and flat track and NHRA was last weekend..... drivers and riders, start your engines!

Flat Trackin’ on dirt....,v-twins.....steel shoes......no brakes.....extra large Huevos.....fun times. Think On Any Sunday.
OM

I do not know if you are following it, but flat tracking is back. Great racing on both the twins and the 400cc singles. A very talented woman is leading the singles series and Indian has been dominate for four years. Harley has one race and that was by a privateer on the XR series bike. So far the XG engine has been a dud. All the races are on NBCSN

I do not know if you are following it, but flat tracking is back. Great racing on both the twins and the 400cc singles. A very talented woman is leading the singles series and Indian has been dominate for four years. Harley has one race and that was by a privateer on the XR series bike. So far the XG engine has been a dud. All the races are on NBCSN
I haven't been aware of the flat track coverage. I will have to take a look :thumb

220px-Kenny_Roberts_%281413976084%29.jpg

Very Cool! :nod

OM

Flat Track
ON NBCSN (Not sure what time zone the list uses). (These are generally shown a week after the race was run)

Sunday, May 2 – Atlanta Super TT – 10:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 29 – Texas Half-Mile – 8 p.m.

Sunday, June 6 – Chicago Half-Mile – 5 p.m.

Saturday, June 26 – OKC Mile I – Noon

Saturday, June 26 – OKC Mile II – 1 p.m.

Saturday, July 3 – Lima Half-Mile – 5 p.m.

Sunday, August 8 – DuQuoin Mile – 11 p.m.

Sunday, August 15 – Port Royal Half-Mile – 10 p.m.

Sunday, August 22 – New York Short Track – 9:30 p.m.

Sunday, August 29 – Peoria TT – 8 p.m.

Sunday, September 12 – Springfield Mile I – 9 p.m.

Sunday, September 12 – Springfield Mile II – 10 p.m.

Sunday, September 26 – TBA Round 15 – 11 p.m.

Sunday, September 26 – TBA Round 16 – Midnight

Looks like there's rain in the forecast for the Mud races at Bristol. Will have to wait and see.

Back