• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nascar 2021

Hmmmm never watched before- maybe I'll take a look- sumpton different. Any "hints" to make first time watching more enjoyable...I KNOW there's more to watching a race than hoping to see a fiery crash. Background? nuances? Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmmm you need three cases of Busch beer. Any turn that is not left is probably an accident . Peanut M&M cars will kill you. 7 layer dip is a necessity with chips too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's about a 3 1/2 hour (and counting) rain delay after "the big one".

During that time, they showed the making of Days of Thunder (interesting) and The Busch Clash from Monday on the Daytona road course (good racing AND right turns) for those that didn't catch it on Monday.

:dance:dance:dance

Pretty sure there are Mustangs and Camaros in today’s race. Pretty sure there is a relationship to dealer lot cars. I think it went something like “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday”. The sales supported the sport in the early days.
OM

My sentence structure misfired :laugh ... they are those models on a few template pieces but complete car looks nothing like showroom models.
I do believe the Mustang got real close

4 1/2 hours and counting, although they think they might resume by 9pm eastern which would make it about a 5-5 1/4 hour delay for those that recorded it.

:dance:dance:dance

My sentence structure misfired :laugh ... they are those models on a few template pieces but complete car looks nothing like showroom models.
No worries Steve. I was thinking your fingers were a bit locked up from the cold :bolt
Better than the cars looking like a Yugo......most of the cars on the road look the same to me anyway :dunno
OM

Here we go un-interrupted; it appears the rain is out of here. A 9:35pm ET re-start.

AFAIK, all cup, so called, cars are built to the same stringent nascar requirements, chassis, body, engine, suspension. Decals are the differences. AFAIK there are seven road race circuits this season. Which is fun to watch. There’s more to simply turning left to NASCAR. Imagine the terror hanging on to seven to eight hundred horse power somewhere north of two hunnerd mph for several hours. Not to mention surrounded by forty other vehicles. So yah, there’s that to consider.

Watching the replay now on FS1. As for “destruction derby”, kinda looked like DD in Texas and Tennessee....at highway speed :whistle
OM

Well- I didn't get back after the rain/demo delay but actually enjoyed what little i saw. I'll watch the next one too. There is a professional sports production template that I alternately find offensive and annoying but the event itself (if it's even possible to separate from the production and insipid talk) was kinda fun. I'll be back. Thanks for the heads-up as well as a few insights...

Well- I didn't get back after the rain/demo delay but actually enjoyed what little i saw. I'll watch the next one too. There is a professional sports production template that I alternately find offensive and annoying but the event itself (if it's even possible to separate from the production and insipid talk) was kinda fun. I'll be back. Thanks for the heads-up as well as a few insights...

Glad you enjoyed it!
The “color commentators” are sorta universal throughout Sports- except for my Buddy Brockmire :brow
An amazing amount of telemetry, cable cameras, drone footage and broadcast cameras are integrated into a production that can put the spectator directly into the action.
Looks like a lot of changes are in store for the races this year including running Bristol on dirt.
It seems NASCAR is doing/changing/adapting to further the enjoyment of the fans.
OM

Some commentary is welcome. But I certainly wish the people didn't think they had to be talking every passing second. They sound like they are getting paid by the word.

Looking forward to next generation cars. Carbon fiber, independent rear suspension, more road races, or, has this already happened? AFAIK they’re still running solid rear axles. Not to mention six speed sequential gear boxes. More and more it’s gonna change to the Aussie sedan racing, which is exciting. All the decades of NASCAR team data will be out the preverbal window. Deep sixed. Bye bye. And paleese, forget about electric engines, sheeese. We can play with our slot car tracks at home.

A mix of oval and road is the best of both. Watching the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona can be incredibly boring. Similar to Le Mans. NASCAR ain’t sittin still.

IMO they need to shorten up their events. What do 500 miles prove?
Events should be run on a time schedule, two hours, and wave the checkered flag.

Back