Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pinstriping an R18

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Pinstriping an R18

    I had a custom hot rodder pinstriper guy pinstripe my R18 this morning. I'll post some reassembled photos after the paint cures for 24 hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by enzo500; 02-13-2021 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User jandhumphreyme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Maine
    Posts
    655
    That is awesome. Love pinstriping. I'm hoping that Russ shows up at the Rally this year, my RT needs some love.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

  3. #3

    I did rear bobber fender and front fender too
    But I look the forks too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Registered User jandhumphreyme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Maine
    Posts
    655
    Nice look, did you do the metal work to the rear fender your self or is that aftermarket?
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

  5. #5

    Kmendez

    Do you have a sound clip of your modified exhaust?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo500 View Post
    Do you have a sound clip of your modified exhaust?
    No
    But would do
    Sounds nice
    A tad louder
    Barítono without been loud obnoxious
    Actually it could be a tad louder


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhumphreyme View Post
    Nice look, did you do the metal work to the rear fender your self or is that aftermarket?
    Used the triumph bobber fender and seat


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kmendez View Post
    Used the triumph bobber fender and seat


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Registered User GTRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nibley, UT USA
    Posts
    2,015
    That’s a really nice pinstriping job—the stripes really speak to the heritage of the bike!

    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

  10. #10
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by kmendez View Post
    I did rear bobber fender and front fender too
    But I look the forks too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you like the little soft bags under the seat?
    Who makes them?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    How do you like the little soft bags under the seat?
    Who makes them?
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ku_id=10002046


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #12

    pinstriping

    Quote Originally Posted by enzo500 View Post
    I had a custom hot rodder pinstriper guy pinstripe my R18 this morning. I'll post some reassembled photos after the paint cures for 24 hours.
    Really love the pinstriping you had done. I have an appointment in Nov to get mine done, hope you don't mind if I copy what you have done. Who did yours?

    Can you understand why they didn't stripe the front fender in the factory?

Similar Threads

  1. Pinstriping my wixoms
    By jschara in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2020, 08:19 PM
  2. Pinstriping like a BOSS
    By jstrube in forum Campfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
  3. Repainting, Pinstriping
    By zenduddhist in forum Airheads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
  4. pinstriping running...
    By f14rio in forum Airheads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
  5. Need detailed pinstriping pics R1100R
    By 96r1100r in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •