• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello again!

shalperin

I thought I'd reintroduce myself since I haven't been around since 2009/2010. I'm Sam, currently from Long Beach Island NJ. My first and favorite bike was a G650GS.

Going to brave covid and travel this month down to South Carolina for the BMW Performance School 1-day Street Survival class as a prep for returning to riding. I'm riding the F750GS down there, and hope to buy one when I get back.

I'd like to know about volunteering opportunities in and around the MOA if there are any. I'm "good with computers" :) but also stuff envelopes too!

SH

My old "G", longest trip Philly to Georgia:
bike.jpg

I thought I'd reintroduce myself since I haven't been around since 2009/2010. I'm Sam, currently from Long Beach Island NJ. My first and favorite bike was a G650GS.

Going to brave covid and travel this month down to South Carolina for the BMW Performance School 1-day Street Survival class as a prep for returning to riding. I'm riding the F750GS down there, and hope to buy one when I get back.

I'd like to know about volunteering opportunities in and around the MOA if there are any. I'm "good with computers" :) but also stuff envelopes too!

SH

View attachment 82238

Sam,
First, welcome back! Many who drifted away from riding for awhile have said after coming back, it really is better the second time around.

Secondly, your offer to volunteer is right in line with the strong volunteer sprit of the BMW MOA. Our professional staff and Executive Director do a great job, but it takes the help of many hundreds of volunteers to make the MOA run and be able to put on the events and actives it does. Speaking of which, registration for a brand new event has just started - The Grand Coddiwomple. You can read about it, and register, here: www.bmwmoa.org/coddiwomple. I'm part of the team which created this event and we could use a volunteer "good with computers". I will send you a Private Message so we can discuss more.

Hola Sam!
Welcome back to the Beemer community, and Good Idea doing some refresher training under watchful eyes. I hope you enjoy your class a lot and your cohort of fellow trainees. I had a lot of fun taking the 2-day off-road course years ago... :thumb

Also have fun shopping for a new or used GS. You can find some gently used "bargains" out there if you spend some time looking on the InterWeb. Nothing quite as used as MRS-HSV's '09 GS-twin with 166K hard-earned miles though... :brow When I bought my gently used F800GS in 2010, off the MOA Marketplace, we met the seller halfway in SC to load the bike into our pick-up for the drive back to MD (me with my arm still in a sling from the earlier LT-car crash incident)... :doh

Enjoy your newest Beemer when U take possession in the spring! See ya in Montana in June...
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Hi Sam - Good to hear from someone on LBI. My wife and I take up residence for 2 weeks there (North Beach Haven) for two weeks each August with kids and grandkids. I don't bring the RT because, as you know, traffic on LBI in the summer is not fun. Bicycles...yes!

I also took the one-day course at the BMW Performance Center in 2011. I certainly learned a lot. I returned to riding in 2009 after a 40-year hiatus. First re-training was the MSF Basic Course (which wasn't offered when I was in my 20s) then the BMW Course. Perhaps you know about the Paul B. Scholarships for BMW MOA members? If not, take a look here: https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/paulb

So, I know you'll find your niche in the volunteer ranks of the BMW MOA. There are many opportunities, especially at the annual national rally.

Welcome shalperin from Peachtree City, GA. Thanks for posting the pic. Hope that you share your thoughts about the class after completion.

Hello

Sent you a pm......nice looking bike pic!

=shalperin;1236963]I thought I'd reintroduce myself since I haven't been around since 2009/2010. I'm Sam, currently from Long Beach Island NJ. My first and favorite bike was a G650GS.

SH

View attachment 82238[/QUOTE]

Back