• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Leather Jacket

lroberson

Just curious if anyone else got in on the $99 BMW Leather Jacket deal just before Christmas? Has anyone actually received their jacket? BMW of Jacksonville keeps telling me that at some point my order should be filled.

I missed that ad, evidently. But, a $99 BMW LEATHER jacket??? I could see that being a BMW special price for 2 official long sleeve T-shirts, but a leather jacket??? Who was/is the supplier for this?

It was through BMW. Ordered through the website.

It was posted early December. I read where BMW has cancelled a lot of orders due to unexpected demand.

Doggone it. How did i miss that? Unexpected demand. Really?? Who would have ever thought anyone would want a $100 BMW leather jacket.

Is the jacket made with leather?

Just curious if anyone else got in on the $99 BMW Leather Jacket deal just before Christmas? Has anyone actually received their jacket? BMW of Jacksonville keeps telling me that at some point my order should be filled.

Is the jacket made with leather?

BMW jacket.JPG

I missed that ad, evidently. But, a $99 BMW LEATHER jacket??? I could see that being a BMW special price for 2 official long sleeve T-shirts, but a leather jacket??? Who was/is the supplier for this?

I got the ad and there were some great buys, but nothing I needed.
I would have been temped by the leather jacket if it had front and back vents.

I wonder if that jacket was so cheap because it shares the same problem as the BMW Club Leather jacket that was recalled in Europe due to high chromium VI levels.

I wonder if that jacket was so cheap because it shares the same problem as the BMW Club Leather jacket that was recalled in Europe due to high chromium VI levels.

Looked like they were clearing out overstock of non current gear.
The Air Shell jacket was one of the $99 items.

great deals

Great deals come up from time to time due to overstock or change of styling.

I didn't see the ad for this jacket, If it is indeed leather, and well made, it is a good price. like anything, there are different levels of quality leather jackets available on the market. Up until ten years ago, I always had a leather jacket my last one was From Vanson. I have been cursed with the old motorcyclist curse that we don't die, our leathers just get tighter. It is hanging the closet waiting for me to turn off the over active mouth gland leading to an increase in waist and gut size.

The Vanson jacket was not cheap and shows it in the workmanship. I also got to test it out when I was knocked off my bike and slide a bit. It held up very well.

Now there are leather jackets out there in the $100 range, while decorative. I would not wear on a bike for protection.

So getting back on track, if this is a great jacket for the price, I am sorry I missed the deal. St.

Great deals come up from time to time due to overstock or change of styling.

I didn't see the ad for this jacket, If it is indeed leather, and well made, it is a good price. .

It's a good quality BMW jacket. I looked at one last year or the year before at the Kansas City BMW shop.
BMW Motorrad USA sent out emails with the clearance items. I don't think there was a ad online or in magazines. I think the stuff sold in a couple days.

Clearence

With my body size and despite the fact Americans are getting bigger each year or I should say the percentage of bigger Americans is getting bigger every year, I have a heck of a time buying clothing to start with. LOL, I love clearance deals because of the money I can save on clothes, problem is, I find a lot of small items, not many in my size. For that matter, I am limited even in the regular sized area.

I was looking at the re release of the Aerostich leather water proof suit system, I forget what they call it, and found it only went up to a certain size and no, they can't make a bigger custom suit. At least I can buy the synthetic stuff in my size. St.

They canceled my order for the jacket after a month and a half.

However, I did get:

Short sleeve Ride Shirt $10
Long sleeve Ride Shirt $10
Men’s Riding Jeans $29
Women’s Riding Jeans $29
Waterproof Messenger Bag $10

If the jacket had shown up, it would have all shipped to me and STILL been under $200...

Love those sales! I also managed to snag 20% off a Rallye Suit and the free Atacama (Mosko Moto) 40ltr Duffle with purchase.

...and free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back