• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

engine usually turns over but rough start and error code.

garylucas

This has happened a few times, I have a 2020 r1250 GS adventure.

Most of the time (the majority easily) when I start it up it starts easily and keeps running. However a few times it has started or not started but the sequence is:
* hit start button.
* Engine begins to turn over, maybe what sounds like 1 or 2 rotations.
* Stops
* Error message appears on console
* Sometimes it starts on the second try etc, however most times it is still a much rougher start than expected.

This happened a few times over the spring summer, I did bring it into the dealer a couple of times both for that issue and for the first scheduled service.

The dealer tech advised me that it was a 'known issue' and they didn't currently have a fix for it. They mentioned they tweaked a few of the settings and hoped it wouldn't happen again. However I saw this error again this past weekend.

The battery has been on a trickle charger as I don't keep it insured over the winter usually, when I checked the voltage a few hours later it was reading 13.0ish volts... So it's unlikely to be a discharged battery, the battery is still newish, that doesn't mean it's good but I don't normally find battery related issues to be this intermittent.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone has any background with the issue.

I ordered a GS911 when I get it I'll pull the error etc and record it for my own info.

Thanks a bunch!

1250gsa_error.jpg

Last edited:
Back