• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Black K1300GT's ?

I figure this must be a pretty rare bird. I've only seen one set of fairing pieces on Ebay in some kind of black graphite. I saw the factory color code sticker on it so it came that way. Never saw a picture of a black one. Most i see are Red, Blue, and Gray. Mine was blue. Now the reason i was wondering about this is i have the pieces off to have painted. Friend has a body shop so it's good to know someone. I chose Harley Davidson Vivid Black and he is going to use some kind of super glossy clear coat. I saw another bike he painted and it looked like you were looking in a mirror. So anyway i may wind up with the only BMW K bike painted Harley black.

Painting your bike Harley Black...?

Prepare yourself for an unaccountable urge to buy chrome add-ons and for your bike to start leaking oil.

(and before any Harley owners light their hair on fire, its a joke) :)

Well actually i do own 3 Harleys but even i can see the humor in that. Mine don't leak oil though. Two of them are Vivid Black and the XR1200 is Orange. Actually my 2005 Dyna FXDX is the most reliable one of the bunch. 91,000 miles and the only thing i've done is replace the wheel bearings, brake pads, and the primary chain tensioner, both routine maintenance items.

Well now for an update on the black K1300GT. It probably doesn't mean anything but the first trip i took 3 days after having it painted Harley Vivid Black, i had to put some duct tape on the Cal-Sci windshield when it cracked at 85 MPH. :blush

I would be interested to see the color code because from 2006-2010, they did not come in black. 946 would be Dark Graphite.

The pictures i saw on ebay were the dark graphite. It probably looked darker in the pictures than it actually was. That must have been a pretty rare color on the K1300GT. It's the only one i've ever seen here in the USA.

The Ebay item was listed as a Dark Graphite K1200GT or K1300GT nose piece but must have come off a K1200GT.That may explain why i've never seen a black K1300GT.

Back