• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Local BMW Dealer not working on bikes older than 10 years

I have heard of a few cases of dealers not working on bikes older than 10 years but it was the dealer choice.
I have not heard of BMW NA telling a dealer to not work on old bikes.

My local BMW dealer wouldn't work on older bikes. They later shut down.

My local dealer still works on BMWs, only BMWs, all BMWs. From the latest and greatest to /2, /3 and earlier. They're just down the road 585 miles. A family owned and run business since 1977. The only dealer I would patronize.

Like I said, they need to draw the line at some point, so easy way to do it is just say ten years. It covers everything, doesn't matter, and the rule is easy to understand. Otherwise it turns into a long list of models that gets lengthy and confusing.

That doesn't make any sense. No line needs to be drawn, ever.

The only line that needs to be drawn is fanatical support for the customer and the brand.

The way you treat used bikes tells me how you're eventually going to treat the shiny bikes on your showroom floor.

I don't want to pay a premium price and lots of sales tax for a disposable bike.

What BMW is isn't what BMW was.

That doesn't make any sense. No line needs to be drawn, ever.

The only line that needs to be drawn is fanatical support for the customer and the brand.

The way you treat used bikes tells me how you're eventually going to treat the shiny bikes on your showroom floor.

I don't want to pay a premium price and lots of sales tax for a disposable bike.

What BMW is isn't what BMW was.

In their perfect world we would buy a new bike every 4 years, instead of 10, 15, 20 years. They are trying to discourage us from doing what we do.

Vehicle manufacturers are faceless corporations that see us as a resource to exploit for their profit. Look at GM, they shut down factories to keep inventory low and prices up. To that end, if they don't care(about the end customer), I don't(care about them).

In their perfect world we would buy a new bike every 4 years, instead of 10, 15, 20 years. They are trying to discourage us from doing what we do.

Vehicle manufacturers are faceless corporations that see us as a resource to exploit for their profit. Look at GM, they shut down factories to keep inventory low and prices up. To that end, if they don't care(about the end customer), I don't(care about them).

If bikes are disposable, Royal Enfield makes some fun and inexpensive models. As these bikes are largely sold to countries that firmly believe in repair over replace, out of economic necessity, we might even get long-lived parts availability.

If bikes are disposable, Royal Enfield makes some fun and inexpensive models. As these bikes are largely sold to countries that firmly believe in repair over replace, out of economic necessity, we might even get long-lived parts availability.

RE's aren't my thing. I'm 6'5 and used to hunt bear with a stick. Just what it is.

Just had my fuel pump replaced last week. My dealer in St Louis seemed happy to get it scheduled. I think they must come out alright as far as compensation goes for doing these recalls. The are a pretty good bmw dealer though. I know they work on a lot of older BMWs. I’m surprised your local dealer is turning it down.

Edit.. disregard this post. I see the original post was from 2021. Ha!

Just had my fuel pump replaced last week. My dealer in St Louis seemed happy to get it scheduled. I think they must come out alright as far as compensation goes for doing these recalls. The are a pretty good bmw dealer though. I know they work on a lot of older BMWs. I’m surprised your local dealer is turning it down.

Edit.. disregard this post. I see the original post was from 2021. Ha!

It's always good to hear about a nice experience. :thumb

OM

Back