• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum
Oh boy...

I have no leaks and can hear the pump spin up, but... do not see anything out of the injectors.

Going to regroup, and consider next steps.

Probably going to pull apart again..

Andy

I believe that you won't see anything from the injectors unless you're pushing the starter button. HES triggers the injectors. Apologies if you already knew this.

Dribbles

I started to see some dribbles of fuel.

I think I have it whipped. I will clean the injectors and will be good to go shortly. (famous last words)

As anything else i do.. "Dad Duty" seems to take precedence.

Andy

Looking for some input...

Ok..

Fuel injectors are clean and show a fine spray from my cleaning rig. I have strong spark.
I have no fuel coming from the injectors when theyre back in the bike. I have a good whir from the fuel pump.
When I take the fuel line off of the injector, I get a nice spurt of fuel, but nothing from the injectors

It has to be some other thing that is preventing the fuel from spraying from the injectors.

I retraced my steps and even took the side stand switch apart and ran a jumper to see if that was the problem, nope not the problem.

Is there a part I have not looked at?

I am about one or two things away from putting it on a trailer. There has to be something simple.

Andy...

Ok..

Fuel injectors are clean and show a fine spray from my cleaning rig. I have strong spark.
I have no fuel coming from the injectors when theyre back in the bike. I have a good whir from the fuel pump.
When I take the fuel line off of the injector, I get a nice spurt of fuel, but nothing from the injectors

It has to be some other thing that is preventing the fuel from spraying from the injectors.

I retraced my steps and even took the side stand switch apart and ran a jumper to see if that was the problem, nope not the problem.

Is there a part I have not looked at?

I am about one or two things away from putting it on a trailer. There has to be something simple.

Andy...

Assuming the fuel lines are hooked up correctly, it appears that the injectors aren't being triggered. Did you have the HES re-wired / replaced? I understand the bottom sensor triggers the fuel injectors. (Disclaimer: I'm no mechanic but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn previously)

Well
.. I have it fixed. By that... I got a mech to check what I did. Now it is all sorted. In the end it was the fuel pump. I had everything "almost". I just did not have the wiring correct. I'm a bit, bit not too embarrassed.

I want to say thanks again to everyone who was kind enough to encourage me.

Thanks.... Andy

Well
.. I have it fixed. By that... I got a mech to check what I did. Now it is all sorted. In the end it was the fuel pump. I had everything "almost". I just did not have the wiring correct. I'm a bit, bit not too embarrassed.

I want to say thanks again to everyone who was kind enough to encourage me.

Thanks.... Andy

Great!
Thanks for letting us know that it all worked out and you are good to go.
OM

Back