• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Deposit on new 2020 RT!!

rickg

I just put a deposit on this beauty!!

2020-BMW-R1250RT-03.jpg

Why a deposit and not a down payment you ask? Well, because they are still on a Stop Sale from the Fatherland due to brake recall. However my dealer told me that beacuse of the updated 2021's coming in April, that BMW will be very aggresive selling remaing inventory of new 2020's to make room for revised 2021. So I still don't know the final price, I just know that there will be incentives to be had and I will be riding a new RT come spring

Life is good!

Rick G

Gorgeous!

There have been a lot of comments about the RT's looks, mostly comparing it to a grazing water buffalo, etc. I think that's a beauty! I've noticed that most of the negative comments come from those riding bikes that look like a Swiss Army Knife mated with a Russian tractor. Which may have a utilitarian appeal, but as for looks? The RT is graceful, curvacious.

Congrats on the RT. I have a '20 and when I bought mine last March, BMW had a promotion for a FREE top-case w/lock and brake-light thrown in (about a $2,000 value). See what they will do to sweeten the pot even more as they are only "Museum Pieces" with the stop sale. Good luck.

Steve

Gorgeous!

There have been a lot of comments about the RT's looks, mostly comparing it to a grazing water buffalo,..

I think they look just fine.

I wonder if they'll just change the brakes over to Brembos.

And congratulations!

Either one would be great I think. Both Brembo and Nissan make high quality pieces. Those blue M Nissan calipers would look great on my RT :)

Scott - Nissin is the brake component company. Nissan makes 4-wheelers. I'm not sure what company makes brakes for Nissan vehicles.

Bmw just indicated moa members can get $750 off a purchase if I read correctly. No turning head light though love the color.

but the text says

Purchasers are eligible for one (1) BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) and Car Club of America Members (CCA) Purchase incentive during the offer calendar year (January 2, 2020 through December 31, 2020). Recipient must be an active BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) or BMW Car Club of America member for a period of greater than 1 year at the time of motorcycle delivery. Motorcycles purchased and reported under a name other than the eligible BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) or BMW Car Club of America member applicant do not qualify. Sales documentation and claimant ID must match.

but the text says

Purchasers are eligible for one (1) BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) and Car Club of America Members (CCA) Purchase incentive during the offer calendar year (January 2, 2020 through December 31, 2020). Recipient must be an active BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) or BMW Car Club of America member for a period of greater than 1 year at the time of motorcycle delivery. Motorcycles purchased and reported under a name other than the eligible BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) or BMW Car Club of America member applicant do not qualify. Sales documentation and claimant ID must match.

Call the office or email Ted Moyer and ask.

Talked to my dealer yesterday. They are getting the brake parts in for recall. Hopefully I will know what is what soon.

Rick G

but the text says

Page 94 of Feb/2021 ON edition has an ad indicating up to $750.00 off as still a Club benefit.

Back