• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

refund policy

just registered for the rally (my first) and read the refund policy. It's actually kind of funny if it wasn't so blatantly discriminatory and obviously meant to protect the MOA and not the individual member. So if I should check out before the rally, my wife would not be able to get a refund, even with the insurance, because I am over 70? That's pretty harsh.

Actually the policy covers the registered person regardless of age. The policy says if you have to cancel because of the death of an immediate family member over the age of 70, your fee would not be refundable. And, it only applies for circumstances within 30 days of the event. Bottom line, the policy allows for cancellation and full refund more than 30 days in advance. Less than 30 days, you are offered a credit toward a future event. No one is going to split hairs about why you cancelled.

Well, I guess I misinterpreted what I read. Then I apologize for my comment. However, my wife read the policy also and she took it the same way, so I guess we are both dummies.

If the rally is canceled again due to the pandemic is there a way to opt out of a refund and instead divert it to the local charity we would have donated to?

Pete

If the rally is canceled again due to the pandemic is there a way to opt out of a refund and instead divert it to the local charity we would have donated to?

Pete

Or to donate it to a MOA project. There must be something that they need financial help getting done.

Actually the policy covers the registered person regardless of age. The policy says if you have to cancel because of the death of an immediate family member over the age of 70, your fee would not be refundable. And, it only applies for circumstances within 30 days of the event. Bottom line, the policy allows for cancellation and full refund more than 30 days in advance. Less than 30 days, you are offered a credit toward a future event. No one is going to split hairs about why you cancelled.

Maybe I'm missing something as well, I believe OP's point was that if he dies within 30 days of the rally there would be no way for his wife to recover his fee. If accurate, no refund in the event of death does seem a little harsh.

The optional refund protection for $9.95 would offer a full cash refund in the event of death less than 30 days in advance of the rally. Without the refund protection insurance, the policy would offer a credit toward a future event.

I doubt we will ever write a policy that considers every scenario or is judged as equally fair to both the individual and the organization. If you can’t make the rally because of a death in the family or your own, have the surviving family member call me and I will take care of it.

We live in Ontario, Canada. Out of curiosity, what's the refund policy in the case that the Canada-US border is still closed at Rally time? Or if we're not vaccinated beforehand? We've already applied last years' rally registration forward to cover this year, but we still not be in a position to attend. Could we apply a credit toward a Canadian getaway instead, maybe? Or just ask for a refund? I'm hoping we'll be able to go to the rally, but would like to know what my options are.

We live in Ontario, Canada. Out of curiosity, what's the refund policy in the case that the Canada-US border is still closed at Rally time? Or if we're not vaccinated beforehand? We've already applied last years' rally registration forward to cover this year, but we still not be in a position to attend. Could we apply a credit toward a Canadian getaway instead, maybe? Or just ask for a refund? I'm hoping we'll be able to go to the rally, but would like to know what my options are.

If you request the refund at least 30 days prior to the event, you can receive a cash refund. With less than 30 days, you can receive a credit toward any future MOA event. 👍🏻

Back