• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1987 K75 Fairing Holder Bracket

jimwil87

I repainted the lower fairing (spoiler) on a 1987 K75 S and noticed on the OEM microfiche that there was a fairing part that I didn't have on mine. It was called a ÈholderÈ and it appeared that it would help secure the bottom fairing to the top (rad protector) Now that I have it, I don't know where it goes and there are no holes or obvious places it could be mounted. Does anyone have a K75 with one of these holders installed that could send me a picture or explain to me where it goes? It is BMW part # 46 63 1456164. Thanks.

Attachments

• K75S Fairing Holder.jpg
    K75S Fairing Holder.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 63
  • K75S Lower Fairing with holder above.jpg
    K75S Lower Fairing with holder above.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 64
I recently went through this myself. I located this Chris Harris video that showed the brackets clearly, which helped me better understand how it all went together.

The bracket you show attaches at the lower part of the radiator, and then fits into a small, "L"-shaped bracket with a rubber bushing on the back of the lower spoiler. See post 3 in the thread I link: it's number 23 and 25 in the diagram. If you watch starting at minute 1:13 through 1:22 in the video, it shows the top bracket and mount.
:beer

Great, that was just what I needed. The part is installed in a very different spot than I expected. But the best part of the video you sent was Chris Harris channelling Keanu Reeves with that hair !! LOL!!!!

Back