• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

WAIT, you got what kind of bike?

CallMikeE

LegoHead
When my friends ask what kind of bike did you get, I tell them I got a BMW and they say you got what kind of bike? I can only say what took me so long, that's right $ and wisdom has brought me to this part in my life.

New to BMW not new to riding, I don't have the most miles, farkles, years, or even the smartest. What I do know is that the 2016 K1600GTL is a great ride and I know most of the roads in the state of Colorado as I have completed 7 100,000 foot rides that is put on by BMW with my Kawasaki's :) but this year it will be with a BMW. I have ridden a lot of the backroad of Colorado so if you want to come out and get some local knowledge and no I don't know more that some but know more than most send me a message.

My friends in Canada (the reason I'm riding a BMW now) purchased my first year to bmwmoa and I plan on using it many times over.

P.S. It will be much easier to do an Ironbutt on this bike over my KLR 650, I have completed at least one on all my bikes and this one will be no exception. Kawasaki VN200 (loved that bike), KLR 650, Voyager 1700, and now BMW K1600GTL

Attachments

• 20210130_125907.jpg
    20210130_125907.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 114
Welcome to the wonderful world of BMWs and the BMWMOA forum! In eight or nine months you should tell your friends that you just are not sure about staying a member of the MOA and that it may take another year to decide... wink, wink; nudge, nudge; you know what I mean....:whistle

Welcome to our family! You have a great bike and live (as you know) in one of the best motorcycle road county in North America. :clap

Welcome to the club from central Florida. Great riding out your way and that nice bike should serve you well.

Hi Mike - Every once in a while I have a conversation with with a BMW automobile driver who looks at the Roundel on my RT and exclaims: "Gosh, I didn't know BMW made motorcycles!" And my retort is: "What, you mean they make cars too?!"

I have a great fondness for Colorado. My mother grew up in Trinidad, and married my father (who grew up in Perryton, TX) in Denver. I do have some pals in Denver and we've ridden over some very fine roads in your state. I learned about how to deal with altitude on those rides back 8 years ago. The one piece which sticks with me, was to drink a lot of water every chance you get. Lucky you to be able to ride every day on great roads!

Welcome to the BMW MOA!

Welcome to the wonderful world of BMWs and the BMWMOA forum! In eight or nine months you should tell your friends that you just are not sure about staying a member of the MOA and that it may take another year to decide... wink, wink; nudge, nudge; you know what I mean....:whistle

Now that is great thinking sir :laugh I have it on my calendar and will report back in September.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and if I ask a dumb question I'm sure you guys won't give me too hard of at time... I can program the preset on the radio and figured out the dash and got my music on the USB so 700 songs for now just need another couple of thumb drives and set them up based on the ride.

The only place I could get my duck to stick (has a magnet inside) on the bike and it doesn't blow off at 10... wait at the posted speed limit, the duck has been with me for over 40k miles.

Attachments

• 41080.jpg
    41080.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 84
Welcome aboard

From one recovering Kawasaki rider to another, welcome aboard. I had a KLR650 and a C10 Connie at the same time. The Connie was pressed into SS1K duty.

Back