• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2021 r nine t urban g/s

motor4

Had considered a new 2021 r1250rt, mostly for that new TFT screen plus headlight that bends in the turns. My 05 r1200rt is beyond old at this point in time though she runs fine...just needs a fuel strip installed.

Though...the 2021 changes, using the old 1200 engine, are starting to make the Nine T urban g/s of interest. Anyone one one of the 2019 or earlier Nine T urban g/s model or are considering this new model? No shift cam feature to worry about (enjoy), not shift assist pro, maybe a bit less complex.

Had considered a new 2021 r1250rt, mostly for that new TFT screen plus headlight that bends in the turns. My 05 r1200rt is beyond old at this point in time though she runs fine...just needs a fuel strip installed.

Though...the 2021 changes, using the old 1200 engine, are starting to make the Nine T urban g/s of interest. Anyone one one of the 2019 or earlier Nine T urban g/s model or are considering this new model? No shift cam feature to worry about (enjoy), not shift assist pro, maybe a bit less complex.

If you like the camheads, that might be the way to go. Maintenance is easy.

My 9T is the original naked street version. I find it very easy around town and great fun to ride. About 200 miles without a break is my limit due to wind buffeting and knees starting to cramp from the seat/pegs spacing but perfect for my use. As you note fitting a windscreen and bags will be the points to consider for longer trips but I’m sure there are plenty of options for those by now. It would definitely be easier to man handle than the larger bikes and has plenty of power for the highway.

Plus option for headlight that bends into the turns :)
I still have not see if the 2021 r1250r will have that feature as an option
...bmw will have dropped the ball if not.

Plus option for headlight that bends into the turns :)
I still have not see if the 2021 r1250r will have that feature as an option
...bmw will have dropped the ball if not.

Uh, you understand that the headlight on an R1250R is mounted to the forks and moves when you steer the bike.

The bikes with fairing have headlight mounted to frame or fairing and the headlight doesn't move in response to steering ... unless the new technology you describe is present.

It won't happen on the 1250R.

Uh, you understand that the headlight on an R1250R is mounted to the forks and moves when you steer the bike.

The bikes with fairing have headlight mounted to frame or fairing and the headlight doesn't move in response to steering ... unless the new technology you describe is present.

It won't happen on the 1250R.

It's called adaptive headlight and BMW has a couple models with it.
As a bike leans in a curve the headlight will aim through the curve.
The K1600 has had it for awhile.

I simply find it of interest that the 2021 NineT will have an adaptive headlight yet the ‘newer’ 2021 r1250r will not. One would not think an older engine designed bike would get newer tech then the 1250 bike...just seems odd to me. Never owned a bmw with an adaptive headlight though would think it would be a great improvement. Granted the design of the NineT allows them to use this new headlight and the r1250 does not...still a lose for bmw not addressing this short coming.

With all the complaints about headlight and headlight bulb (changing) issues, I wonder how this option will pan out?
OM

Adaptive headlight on fork mounted unit? Am I missing something?
Doesn’t it already go with turn?:dunno

At speed the bars don't turn much in a curve.

True
Since I try to avoid night riding nowadays unless my plan goes south, and rural riding would be the issue... not a concern as I lower speed anyways. Maybe one second additional time seeing a hazard would help but maybe not.

True
Since I try to avoid night riding nowadays unless my plan goes south, and rural riding would be the issue... not a concern as I lower speed anyways. Maybe one second additional time seeing a hazard would help but maybe not.

If it was a option I would do without. Like you I avoid riding at night.
Replacing the complete unit is probably crazy expensive.

I have adaptive lighting on my X3, and it is something that I have grown to love…..sort of like Shift Assist Pro. The light has nothing to do with the forks, but with the lean angle. There is a servo motor and a rotating mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back