Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

[QUOTE=GREGFEELER;1259113]
    Quote Originally Posted by ackme View Post

There will be "leader board" reporting, but we don't have a date for that, yet. Unfortunately, we are still running a backlog in processing submissions, which was making great progress until two key members of the core team were unavailable for about three weeks. Once caught up we'll start posting results. We had planned for progress reports well before now, but the number of submissions has been much greater then we imagined.

Thanks for the update! Happy to help with the scoring. I will send an email.

ack

[QUOTE=ackme;1259120]
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post

Thanks for the update! Happy to help with the scoring. I will send an email.

ack
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by gordsmarsredrt View Post
    Greg, what am I doing wrong? I've submitted a couple of dozen photos using Flickr, one of the suggested photo sharing sites. All photos are "Public" for viewing, and each has my name, number, and description of the photo. As instructed, in the Coddiwomple Rules, I shared each photo with coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org yet I'm told "I don't think you understane." Please enlighten me.
    Gord,
    Unfortunately, this is not the kind of question we can answer on the forum. I'm not aware of any problems with scoring your submissions, but if you would, please send this to coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org, and in particular, if you have received some rejection notice, then reply to that so we can tie the piece together! Thank you!
    Greg Feeler

I do not "do" instagram, facebook, twitter, or any of the other social media data harvesters. Thus, I do not have accounts or wish to establish accounts. When viewing images (for judging) I usually do not have an issue viewing the linked image. However, sometimes, particularly with instagram, I can not view a linked image. All I get is a login message. I don't know if I've used up my "free" accesses (until I clear stored "cookies") or the person submitting the image failed to allow public access. Since the image is not viewable (by me) the submittal is rejected.

I expect that this is frustrating for the person submitting the image, but the rule clearly states that the judge must be able to view the image without a need for logging into some service.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robsryder View Post
    I do not "do" instagram, facebook, twitter, or any of the other social media data harvesters. Thus, I do not have accounts or wish to establish accounts.
    Smart!
    om
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Smart!
    om
    Smart from the WSJ.

Photo sharing

Which photo sharing has been working best for Coddiwomple uploads?

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Which photo sharing has been working best for Coddiwomple uploads?
    I've been using Google photos. It's easy to create a link in three steps to paste in an email..

Bill

I use SmugMug for hosting my photos, pretty seamless posting photos anywhere. You'll see a coupon for membership in my sig line. It's been working great for me for 15 years.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    I use SmugMug for hosting my photos, pretty seamless posting photos anywhere. You'll see a coupon for membership in my sig line. It's been working great for me for 15 years.
    I also use SmugMug. It's not free, but has a lot of great management and presentation controls, and you can control access to your photo galleries from wide open to requiring a password.
    Greg Feeler