Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    Boxflyer and I just spent bits and pieces of 3 weeks riding 3700 miles to get 10 of my 15 letters for the Platinum Challenge. We only took one pic together, because Boxflyer had already completed his challenge in 3 days on the east coast. Ahem. Here are our bikes in Adams, OK.

Attachment 84038

After that, we found it quicker to have Boxflyer take the pic using my phone, while I tried to hang on to the increasingly tattered number plate while the winds whipped us. Here we are in Rhame, ND when the ambient temp was 104F and the winds were 30+ mph.

Attachment 84039

Only 5 states to go! I needed to mount my new set of Bridgestone T31's before the last sortie. They should last me for the rest of this venture. Boxflyer started with new T32's, and he shredded them during the 3700 miles we rode together... no reflection on the quality of the tires... Boxflyer is hard on rubber.

I still think that those of us in the west should get a bonus!

Cap
    If that's an entry for your platinum it won't count. There's no state in that picture. If you read the rules, you have to have photographic proof of both the city and state in order for it to count for the platinum challenge.

Good Eyes bstran!

Youíve saved his bacon so he has some time for a Mulligan!

You really should read & follow the rules (Team Strange are indeed sticklers for following Rules!)Ö

Stopped for the evening in Kamiah, ID (on our CoddiWomple). Bikes think itís 107 in the sun.

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Quote Originally Posted by HSVPhil View Post
    Good Eyes bstran!

Youíve saved his bacon so he has some time for a Mulligan!

You really should read & follow the rules (Team Strange are indeed sticklers for following Rules!)Ö

Stopped for the evening in Kamiah, ID (on our CoddiWomple). Bikes think itís 107 in the sun.
    Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
    Yep, too late for me, which is why I mentioned it in hopes that he has time to scramble and get one to replace it. Of the ones I took on the way to Great Falls for the Platinum challenge, only one would count (The post office at Neihart, MT had its mailing address on their sign). 107! Been there. Once drove to Phoenix from Hoover dam and got to the hotel in 113 degree dessert heat and it wasn't even summer yet..

This guy strikes me as a tough one.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    This guy strikes me as a tough one.
    My reading of the rules for the eggscellent challenge would say that brands don't count. But I'm not an official judge.

I'm just going with what I have whether it counts or not.

I'm just going with what I have whether it counts or not.
    Yeah, I'm done with this. It was a great idea. But it seems to have lost the fun spirit that I think was originally intended.

Cap

I'd be more excited if someone had actually responded to my entry and the 2nd email I sent with more tags.

Such is life, Cap! There are them that do, and those that don't, follow the rules.

Got these just recently - "A Few More Than Five in a Row" at the MOA Rally in Great Falls (No State Visible, nor necessary)!
    Row-of-Many.jpeg

And yet another Troy in the bag! T'was very warm today in the Gr8 NW, even by Sun Devil standards!
    Troy_ID.jpeg

We're pressing on with our Iron Butt National Parks Quest as well, even though some parks in the NW say "Closed until further notice due to Covid."
    We'll either get the rubber-ink stamp, or we'll document our visit with a picture of a Locked\Closed Gate...

CIAO!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
    '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
    - - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

This thread seems a little quiet for the last month ...

So is the lack of posting here because everyone's out riding? Or is the overall enthusiasm for the Grand Coddiwomple dying off?

I just got started with my Coddiwomple rides in the last month, and I'm having a blast. Plotting a bunch of obscure locations, creating a route and just riding has taken me places I would never have visited otherwise. I've found some great little roads, visited some interesting small towns and learned a bit of history at the same time.

I think I may have about 2200 points so far, and plans for a bunch more. Is there still a plan for a leaderboard?

Quote Originally Posted by spinturn View Post
    So is the lack of posting here because everyone's out riding? Or is the overall enthusiasm for the Grand Coddiwomple dying off?

I just got started with my Coddiwomple rides in the last month, and I'm having a blast. Plotting a bunch of obscure locations, creating a route and just riding has taken me places I would never have visited otherwise. I've found some great little roads, visited some interesting small towns and learned a bit of history at the same time.

I think I may have about 2200 points so far, and plans for a bunch more. Is there still a plan for a leaderboard?
    I've been having fun with my rides too.

As far as I know, there is still planning for a leaderboard - from my understanding when I ran into one of the peeps that are putting this on - they're trying to get caught up in submissions first.

I'd be more excited if someone had actually responded to my entry and the 2nd email I sent with more tags.
    I wouldn't expect a response unless there is something wrong with your submission. They're probably busy.

All,
    I can't speak to the traffic on this forum, but we are seeing a lot of photo submissions, so people are definitely out riding! There has been a back log in scoring submissions as we worked out the scoring software we had to develop, but we are now adding a significant number of volunteer judges (bless every one of them!), so our backlog should be eliminated before too long. Once we are current, we will be posting a leader board report and updating it periodically. Unfortunately, this year's scoring application doesn't have the capability to confirm by email successful submissions - you will only hear from us if there is a problem.

On thing I will strongly emphasize for your benefit is to PLEASE look at your photos while you are at the "thing" to make absolutely sure any signage or other identifiers can be clearly and easily seen! Most of you are using cell phone cameras which default to a very wide angle view. That is great for selfies, but a wide angle lens has a type of perspective distortion which makes background objects seem smaller than they are the further back they are. Also, some cell phones automatically downsize photos when uploaded which reduces the detail we can see when zooming in. We need the full-sized original image.

So, try zooming in more to make signs larger - you only need enough of your bike in the photo so we can tell it's a motorcycle (and your flag). If you experiment with zooming I think you will see what I'm describing. Or, shoot a second photo which clearly is of the same thing, but with more detail of any signage, etc. The rules do not prohibit a second photo, if necessary for clarity. Again - check your photos before you get back onto your bike. We really hate to reject a submission just because we can't read the detail.

Thank you all for participating!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

[QUOTE=GREGFEELER;1256800]All,
    Once we are current, we will be posting a leader board report and updating it periodically. Unfortunately, this year's scoring application doesn't have the capability to confirm by email successful submissions - you will only hear from us if there is a problem.
    [/QUOTE

Any update on when the scoreboard will be posted? I assume it will be located in the website's Events/Coddiewomple section but I don't see it there. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Ack

[QUOTE=ackme;1259106]
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    All,
    Once we are current, we will be posting a leader board report and updating it periodically. Unfortunately, this year's scoring application doesn't have the capability to confirm by email successful submissions - you will only hear from us if there is a problem.
    [/QUOTE

Any update on when the scoreboard will be posted? I assume it will be located in the website's Events/Coddiewomple section but I don't see it there. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Ack
    There will be "leader board" reporting, but we don't have a date for that, yet. Unfortunately, we are still running a backlog in processing submissions, which was making great progress until two key members of the core team were unavailable for about three weeks. Once caught up we'll start posting results. We had planned for progress reports well before now, but the number of submissions has been much greater then we imagined.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS