Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

Quote Originally Posted by bstran View Post
    Sure, we can chat about that - I'm wondering if this is the Jen that I convinced to enter the Coddiwomple in the first place. PM an email address.

Bill.
    Must surely be more than one Jen that rides a 310 and a GSA lol.

We use a simple TRIPOD mechanism to frame our shot... Jus Sayin!

Randomly found this site on our way home from the 2nd Saturday Ride-2-Eat in Houston. AL!

Crash-Site.jpeg

R We having Fun Yet? - U Betcha!

Here's the larger, less readable POV...
    B26-crash.jpeg

Have Fun Y'all - CIAO!
    Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
    '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
    - - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

I don't know if it helps preserve the life of the "flag" but I've found that a heavy stock piece of white paper behind "flag" in a page protector adds a bit more "heft" and somewhat reduces the blowing about of the "flag". My next try will likely include placement of some small magnets in the bottom of the page protector to add heft and where steel is present add an means to reduce "flutter". Transport of the "flag" is easier if one has a topbox and/or mostly empty saddlebags.

When it comes time to head to Montana in June my topbox and saddlebags will be pretty full. My thinking is to put the "flag" at the top of the topbox to facilitate easy access to find more challenges enroute. I'm betting that by the end of 6 months my "flag" will still be pretty tattered.

I have a tripod, but it doesn't help to leave it in the garage. I also need to figure out how to do the delayed picture takin'.

How are people doing for points? Is there somewhere we can see a tally of what has been approved? I am really enjoying this!

Quote Originally Posted by 310JEN View Post
    How are people doing for points? Is there somewhere we can see a tally of what has been approved? I am really enjoying this!
    I do not believe any judging is taking place yet. The folks running this event are still developing software that will be used to enter and track the progress of contestants.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVPhil View Post
    We use a simple TRIPOD mechanism to frame our shot... Jus Sayin!

Randomly found this site on our way home from the 2nd Saturday Ride-2-Eat in Houston. AL!

Crash-Site.jpeg

R We having Fun Yet? - U Betcha!

Here's the larger, less readable POV...
    B26-crash.jpeg

Have Fun Y'all - CIAO!
    Phil & Karen

'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
    - - - - - - + '16 R1200RS
    Nice quality pictures
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I, for one, am not keeping score. I seem to be having trouble speling. I expect that I should block print the term of interest and check-off (or better yet write down the location name associated with each) letter. For example, I forgot I need three 'Ds', so I get to go out for a little ride tomorrow to Denton for another 'D'. There is a very nice little diner in town, but I don't know if I'm up for going to an eating establishment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by robsryder View Post
    I, for one, am not keeping score. I seem to be having trouble speling. I expect that I should block print the term of interest and check-off (or better yet write down the location name associated with each) letter. For example, I forgot I need three 'Ds', so I get to go out for a little ride tomorrow to Denton for another 'D'. There is a very nice little diner in town, but I don't know if I'm up for going to an eating establishment yet.
    What he really meant to say I think is, "I need Four D's!"

What he really meant to say I think is, "I need Four D's!"
    Holy Cow!!! "AND" I will need an "N". I really need to learn to spel. I guess that means a ride to Danbury, Danville, Durham in the near future (all within about 70 mile radius.)

The "I" towns are a bit more scarce. I was happy to have found my "U" (Union Grove).
    Last edited by robsryder; 04-16-2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Deleted "Dillard", "Delta" and "Dodgetown" - no Post Office or Fire Dept in town

Another Easy Get -- Jus Sayin!

We do breakfast with the local NAVMC most every Saturday {so this is like shooting fish in a barrel}! We've been supporting the Blue Plate Cafe here in HSV every week since this Covid BS started - sometimes eating in the parking lot. More folks are starting to come to breakfast each week what with 'Jabs' count goin up week-after-week in Alabama! Got mine thru Huntsville Hospital...

Several/many bikes in a row - doesn't get much easier than that! - My R90S way out there, K's new RS next, beside Mike's Suzuki, Fred's Triumph, Doug's R9T, and John's Bonneville...
    Bikes-in-a-Row.jpeg

Still Gettin our CoddiWomplin act together here in HSV; 2nd Sat R2E coming in May....
    CIAO!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
    -----------+ '16 R1200RS

I hope that size doesn't count. I was riding through the country (actually the Uwharrie National Forrest area) and came upon a cross roads with a location sign. I needed another "A" so I hope this truely little Abner will count. If so I think that I can score a bunch more "Ds"; I think that I need around 17 or so.

lil-abner.jpg

Jus Sayin!...Several/many bikes in a row...
    The challenge is to "Fall in Line." That looks more like parked side-to-side. Perhaps that means the same thing at ASU?

Cap "always the helpful Wildcat"

According to the Fall in Line challenge - That photo counts and meets the challenge "For this challenge, you must provide photographic proof of 5 or more motorcycle parked or positioned in a line"

:P

Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    The challenge is to "Fall in Line." That looks more like parked side-to-side. Perhaps that means the same thing at ASU?

Cap "always the helpful Wildcat"
    Instructions are pretty straightforward, Cap! Good Luck with that OCD thing....

When Team Strange states a requirement, just follow the guidance explicitly. Do not color outside their lines...

So with the falls and canyon, it has to be in a town/city/state or metro park or can it be a trail eg Bridal Falls Trail inside a park?

With war items eg Custer, can we do multiples like Fort Custer National Cemetery, Fort Custer Training Center (national guard), Fort Custer Recreational Area and each score 50 points?