• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

If you're looking for a place to store photos online for easy access and as backup I recommend SmugMug which is a pay site which has different levels from basic user to full on professional. I've been using it for over 10 years and have over 15K photos hosted there. I find it invaluable for my pics and it makes it super easy for posting on forums etc. There is a $5 coupon you can you to sign up on my signature line.

:thumb for SmugMug

I hope we see a leader board soon, if it isn’t too much trouble. I don’t know if I’m nailing it with my submissions or seriously behind other rally participants.

I am truly enjoying this rally. The somber moments when you stand in front of an airplane memorial, or look down the symmetrical rows of white marble tombstones at a national cemetery, or the frustration of not finding a town sign or anything indicating the town you are on, or the joy of finding one or more war plaques or a bonus town location that falls in your rally path! ❤️❤️❤️

There will be "leader board" type reports, but not for a while yet. When we started this project we committed to building a registration and scoring system which did not exist. That has taken a while but we are in final beta testing and it's clear this system will be worth the effort. However, we do have a bit of backlog processing submitted messages. Once we get on top of that, we'll post some current totals.

On a recent trip to AZ.

Might I enquire what 'bonus bucket' this photo represents, Enzo500?
Don't see a Humpty Dumpty no wheres, and the GS is resting comfortably on the sidestand....

Mind U, it appears to be a charming picture of 60's Americana... :usa

We'll be CoddiWomplin our way toward Montana in just two weeks. :twirl

I also am curious what this Coddiwomple scores?

I made a serious error in not registering my spouse in this rally. Our trips now consist of my saying "one more rally site.....ppllleaaaasseeee?????"

Our road trips now consist of taking every minute I can fit in for a rally site. Wondering where everyone is sitting for their points? I've hit a lot of sites so far, and loving it.

I also am curious what this Coddiwomple scores?

I made a serious error in not registering my spouse in this rally. Our trips now consist of my saying "one more rally site.....ppllleaaaasseeee?????"

Our road trips now consist of taking every minute I can fit in for a rally site. Wondering where everyone is sitting for their points? I've hit a lot of sites so far, and loving it.

The Coddiwomple Registration is still open, and will be into the summer. So, you can register your wife if you would like. :thumb

Got a few more today, I need several more to get on the map but I'm making it easy putting all the pics into one SmugMug gallery.

Easy as Peasy! 5 more in a row...

Had a Splendid Fly-In today by the local Vintage crowd at Decatur's Pryor Field!
-- K then P each won flights on Vintage areoplanes...
Vintage-gathering.jpeg

Boxflyer and I just spent bits and pieces of 3 weeks riding 3700 miles to get 10 of my 15 letters for the Platinum Challenge. We only took one pic together, because Boxflyer had already completed his challenge in 3 days on the east coast. Ahem. Here are our bikes in Adams, OK.

Adams OK.jpg

After that, we found it quicker to have Boxflyer take the pic using my phone, while I tried to hang on to the increasingly tattered number plate while the winds whipped us. Here we are in Rhame, ND when the ambient temp was 104F and the winds were 30+ mph.

Rhame ND.jpg

Only 5 states to go! I needed to mount my new set of Bridgestone T31's before the last sortie. They should last me for the rest of this venture. Boxflyer started with new T32's, and he shredded them during the 3700 miles we rode together... no reflection on the quality of the tires... Boxflyer is hard on rubber. :evil

I still think that those of us in the west should get a bonus! :deal

Cap

Just do the best U can with the cards you’re holding!

We’re headed west from Great Falls, into the Heat Dome…. Saturday we will get our Platinum A in Anchorage, AK… 😜😎

Safe Travels Y’all,
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
:thumb

Boxflyer and I just spent bits and pieces of 3 weeks riding 3700 miles to get 10 of my 15 letters for the Platinum Challenge. We only took one pic together, because Boxflyer had already completed his challenge in 3 days on the east coast. Ahem. Here are our bikes in Adams, OK.

View attachment 84038

After that, we found it quicker to have Boxflyer take the pic using my phone, while I tried to hang on to the increasingly tattered number plate while the winds whipped us. Here we are in Rhame, ND when the ambient temp was 104F and the winds were 30+ mph.

View attachment 84039

Only 5 states to go! I needed to mount my new set of Bridgestone T31's before the last sortie. They should last me for the rest of this venture. Boxflyer started with new T32's, and he shredded them during the 3700 miles we rode together... no reflection on the quality of the tires... Boxflyer is hard on rubber. :evil

I still think that those of us in the west should get a bonus! :deal

Cap

If that's an entry for your platinum it won't count. There's no state in that picture. If you read the rules, you have to have photographic proof of both the city and state in order for it to count for the platinum challenge.

Good Eyes bstran!

You’ve saved his bacon so he has some time for a Mulligan!

You really should read & follow the rules (Team Strange are indeed sticklers for following Rules!)…

Stopped for the evening in Kamiah, ID (on our CoddiWomple). Bikes think it’s 107 in the sun. :eek

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :1drink

Good Eyes bstran!

You’ve saved his bacon so he has some time for a Mulligan!

You really should read & follow the rules (Team Strange are indeed sticklers for following Rules!)…

Stopped for the evening in Kamiah, ID (on our CoddiWomple). Bikes think it’s 107 in the sun. :eek
Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :1drink

Yep, too late for me, which is why I mentioned it in hopes that he has time to scramble and get one to replace it. Of the ones I took on the way to Great Falls for the Platinum challenge, only one would count (The post office at Neihart, MT had its mailing address on their sign). 107! Been there. Once drove to Phoenix from Hoover dam and got to the hotel in 113 degree dessert heat and it wasn't even summer yet..

This guy strikes me as a tough one.
IMG_4922-XL.jpg

Back