• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

I suppose Photoshopping Google Street View images is completely out of line.

On a brighter note, there is actually a mural of Humpty Dumpty in Bozeman, Montana. Too bad finding places with the word “Gulch” in it is not one of the challenges; we would be superstars.

I suppose Photoshopping Google Street View images is completely out of line.

On a brighter note, there is actually a mural of Humpty Dumpty in Bozeman, Montana. Too bad finding places with the word “Gulch” in it is not one of the challenges; we would be superstars.

Well, not this year, anyway. But, you never can tell... :brow

Interesting that a community would bring in a place known as the “Stop and Rob”. Maybe it saves the time it takes for an area to become “The Bad Side of Town”? :whistle
OM

That is a generic, pejorative term for convenience store used by members of several police departments that I am aware had officers that used it. Given a general propensity for trouble calls to such establishments the term may be understandable. I suppose I should have put it in quotes. Mea Culpa!

That is a generic, pejorative term for convenience store used by members of several police departments that I am aware had officers that used it. Given a general propensity for trouble calls to such establishments the term may be understandable. I suppose I should have put it in quotes. Mea Culpa!

So in Charlotte, NC we don't have a "downtown" but rather a business district they call "Uptown Charlotte" but I would never think I could submit that for a "U" in the challenge. Maybe it's me but that to me does not qualify.

So in Charlotte, NC we don't have a "downtown" but rather a business district they call "Uptown Charlotte" but I would never think I could submit that for a "U" in the challenge. Maybe it's me but that to me does not qualify.

I had a friend who lived in Inkom, ID. I asked him if he lived in "Upper Inkom" or "Lower Inkom." He was not amused. :hide

Cap

OK then; April 6th and Team HSV is out & about on the Coddiwomple Prowl. :thumb

Just picked up K's newest Beemer in MO (her 4th) in time for the mileage contest.
{Many thanx to Jimmy & the MOA Marketplace!} :brow

Bagged two Troys while we were in the center of the Heartland - Many more to come of course...

Troy-MO.jpeg

Tally Ho Y'all!
Ciao!

HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Something that I've found handy is to place the "flag" in a clear plastic page protector. I have taped a bit of string on the back to make a loop to facilitate placement of the "flag" when making a photo. Example below -

rwt-ex1.jpg

Is there a rule that precludes lamination the flag?

Nothing prohibits laminating or otherwise protecting your flag. They are made of Tyvek so the flag base should last a long time, but we don't know how well the printing will adhere with repeated folding. Ask me about that in November. :laugh

Roll it up instead of folding it.

Biggest problem I have is figuring out how to keep it from flying away in the wind here in CO. I finished my Saddle Up And Ride Gold today, just in time to miss the snow later this week!

S_Severance_CO.jpg

Do aviation sites have to have a marker or plaque, or just take a pic of your flag/bike in the location and provide proof in caption that an aviation crash happened here?

I’m having so much fun with this! Here is a pic of a town called Romeo, which qualifies for “Rome”. Also in this picture is Ross Snowden, a new member I signed up earlier in the day to MOA. This was 15 miles away four hours later. As I pulled over to take the pic he appeared out of nowhere to say hi again lol. What are the odds???

Attachments

• 43E0E178-09E5-4369-8FA0-01BFB75404BD.jpg
    43E0E178-09E5-4369-8FA0-01BFB75404BD.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 97
Do aviation sites have to have a marker or plaque, or just take a pic of your flag/bike in the location and provide proof in caption that an aviation crash happened here?

I’m having so much fun with this! Here is a pic of a town called Romeo, which qualifies for “Rome”. Also in this picture is Ross Snowden, a new member I signed up earlier in the day to MOA. This was 15 miles away four hours later. As I pulled over to take the pic he appeared out of nowhere to say hi again lol. What are the odds???

I encourage anyone with a question to first check the FAQ document at www.bmwmoa.org/coddiwomple. In fact, your question about aviation crash sites is answered there. ;) If you don't find the answer there, then send it to coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org where questions potentially of interest to others will be added to the FAQ. I will occasionally be able to answer questions here, but that is totally catch as catch can, and may or may not happen. :(

To answer your aviation question, the photo must be of a plaque or memorial documenting a specific crash, OR of actual wreckage which clearly shows it is an aviation crash (i.e. fuselage or wing/tail sections, engines, etc.). In the latter case you may not be able to get your bike into the photo, so will need to be in the photo yourself along with your flag.

Also, good job on the new member! This is how we grow our family and have more fun!

YOU GO GIRL!

You and Marc are awesome!

Again, anyone doing this that wants a trip to a crash site, come to lower Alabama, I’ll take you to Jeremy Clark run/dive fire range.

YOU GO GIRL!

You and Marc are awesome!

Again, anyone doing this that wants a trip to a crash site, come to lower Alabama, I’ll take you to Jeremy Clark run/dive fire range.

Awwww thanks, Reece!

And thanks to Greg for the suggestion of FAQ. I missed that...had to search in the drop down menu. I rode 300 miles and hit 40 sites. This was my golden goose.

Attachments

• 3428916C-6597-4FC6-A83B-FDECEE07D3DC.jpg
    3428916C-6597-4FC6-A83B-FDECEE07D3DC.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 178
Back