• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

I'd be more excited if someone had actually responded to my entry and the 2nd email I sent with more tags.

Such is life, Cap! There are them that do, and those that don't, follow the rules. :banghead

Got these just recently - "A Few More Than Five in a Row" at the MOA Rally in Great Falls (No State Visible, nor necessary)!
Row-of-Many.jpeg

And yet another Troy in the bag! T'was very warm today in the Gr8 NW, even by Sun Devil standards! :brow
Troy_ID.jpeg

We're pressing on with our Iron Butt National Parks Quest as well, even though some parks in the NW say "Closed until further notice due to Covid."
We'll either get the rubber-ink stamp, or we'll document our visit with a picture of a Locked\Closed Gate...

CIAO!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

This thread seems a little quiet for the last month ...

So is the lack of posting here because everyone's out riding? Or is the overall enthusiasm for the Grand Coddiwomple dying off?

I just got started with my Coddiwomple rides in the last month, and I'm having a blast. :clap Plotting a bunch of obscure locations, creating a route and just riding has taken me places I would never have visited otherwise. I've found some great little roads, visited some interesting small towns and learned a bit of history at the same time.

I think I may have about 2200 points so far, and plans for a bunch more. Is there still a plan for a leaderboard?

So is the lack of posting here because everyone's out riding? Or is the overall enthusiasm for the Grand Coddiwomple dying off?

I just got started with my Coddiwomple rides in the last month, and I'm having a blast. :clap Plotting a bunch of obscure locations, creating a route and just riding has taken me places I would never have visited otherwise. I've found some great little roads, visited some interesting small towns and learned a bit of history at the same time.

I think I may have about 2200 points so far, and plans for a bunch more. Is there still a plan for a leaderboard?

I've been having fun with my rides too.

As far as I know, there is still planning for a leaderboard - from my understanding when I ran into one of the peeps that are putting this on - they're trying to get caught up in submissions first.

All,
I can't speak to the traffic on this forum, but we are seeing a lot of photo submissions, so people are definitely out riding! There has been a back log in scoring submissions as we worked out the scoring software we had to develop, but we are now adding a significant number of volunteer judges (bless every one of them!), so our backlog should be eliminated before too long. Once we are current, we will be posting a leader board report and updating it periodically. Unfortunately, this year's scoring application doesn't have the capability to confirm by email successful submissions - you will only hear from us if there is a problem.

On thing I will strongly emphasize for your benefit is to PLEASE look at your photos while you are at the "thing" to make absolutely sure any signage or other identifiers can be clearly and easily seen! Most of you are using cell phone cameras which default to a very wide angle view. That is great for selfies, but a wide angle lens has a type of perspective distortion which makes background objects seem smaller than they are the further back they are. Also, some cell phones automatically downsize photos when uploaded which reduces the detail we can see when zooming in. We need the full-sized original image.

So, try zooming in more to make signs larger - you only need enough of your bike in the photo so we can tell it's a motorcycle (and your flag). If you experiment with zooming I think you will see what I'm describing. Or, shoot a second photo which clearly is of the same thing, but with more detail of any signage, etc. The rules do not prohibit a second photo, if necessary for clarity. Again - check your photos before you get back onto your bike. We really hate to reject a submission just because we can't read the detail.

Thank you all for participating!

All,
Once we are current, we will be posting a leader board report and updating it periodically. Unfortunately, this year's scoring application doesn't have the capability to confirm by email successful submissions - you will only hear from us if there is a problem.
[/QUOTE

Any update on when the scoreboard will be posted? I assume it will be located in the website's Events/Coddiewomple section but I don't see it there. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Ack

All,
Once we are current, we will be posting a leader board report and updating it periodically. Unfortunately, this year's scoring application doesn't have the capability to confirm by email successful submissions - you will only hear from us if there is a problem.
[/QUOTE

Any update on when the scoreboard will be posted? I assume it will be located in the website's Events/Coddiewomple section but I don't see it there. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Ack

There will be "leader board" reporting, but we don't have a date for that, yet. Unfortunately, we are still running a backlog in processing submissions, which was making great progress until two key members of the core team were unavailable for about three weeks. Once caught up we'll start posting results. We had planned for progress reports well before now, but the number of submissions has been much greater then we imagined. :eek

There will be "leader board" reporting, but we don't have a date for that, yet. Unfortunately, we are still running a backlog in processing submissions, which was making great progress until two key members of the core team were unavailable for about three weeks. Once caught up we'll start posting results. We had planned for progress reports well before now, but the number of submissions has been much greater then we imagined. :eek

Thanks for the update! Happy to help with the scoring. I will send an email.

ack

Greg, what am I doing wrong? I've submitted a couple of dozen photos using Flickr, one of the suggested photo sharing sites. All photos are "Public" for viewing, and each has my name, number, and description of the photo. As instructed, in the Coddiwomple Rules, I shared each photo with coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org yet I'm told "I don't think you understane." Please enlighten me.

Gord,
Unfortunately, this is not the kind of question we can answer on the forum. I'm not aware of any problems with scoring your submissions, but if you would, please send this to coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org, and in particular, if you have received some rejection notice, then reply to that so we can tie the piece together! Thank you!

I do not "do" instagram, facebook, twitter, or any of the other social media data harvesters. Thus, I do not have accounts or wish to establish accounts. When viewing images (for judging) I usually do not have an issue viewing the linked image. However, sometimes, particularly with instagram, I can not view a linked image. All I get is a login message. I don't know if I've used up my "free" accesses (until I clear stored "cookies") or the person submitting the image failed to allow public access. Since the image is not viewable (by me) the submittal is rejected.

I expect that this is frustrating for the person submitting the image, but the rule clearly states that the judge must be able to view the image without a need for logging into some service.

I use SmugMug for hosting my photos, pretty seamless posting photos anywhere. You'll see a coupon for membership in my sig line. It's been working great for me for 15 years.

I use SmugMug for hosting my photos, pretty seamless posting photos anywhere. You'll see a coupon for membership in my sig line. It's been working great for me for 15 years.

I also use SmugMug. It's not free, but has a lot of great management and presentation controls, and you can control access to your photo galleries from wide open to requiring a password.

Back