• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Intercom that works with the 2020 TFT display

douglas911

Douglas911
I have a pair of SENA S20 intercoms. I recently purchased a 2020 r1250RS which has the new TFT display. I am having trouble getting the intercom to communicate with the bike's TFT while having the intercom work with the passenger. What I have ended up doing is disconnecting the bluetooth from the bike so we can listen to music from my Samsung S9Note and still communicate via the intercom. But that means I can't control the phone from the TFT and the Wissy Wheel. Does anyone have this working with maybe another intercom?
What I want:
full duplex talking with the passenger
share music with the passenger
receive phone calls from the phone
control the phone from the bike's TFT and Wissy Wheel

Anybody got this working?

Thanks,
Douglas Shonley
Sturgis, SD

With BMW Communicator instead of Sena, intercom mode is via bluetooth by pressing mute button on radio.

I have the same setup. I can only get it working when I first let the phone connect to the TFT, then I power on the Sena and let it connect. As long as the TFT has the helmet icon and the phone connected icon I have had no connection issues.

What I want:
full duplex talking with the passenger
share music with the passenger
receive phone calls from the phone
control the phone from the bike's TFT and Wissy Wheel

Anybody got this working?

Thanks,
Douglas Shonley
Sturgis, SD

I am far from an expert on these matters, and came across this video which seems to cover all the bases:

<iframe width="1182" height="665" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzPoILCj-aU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That stuff is awfully complicated for an old guy :scratch

I've got a lowly SENA SMH5-FM. I have paired my Nav V to it and get audio directions from the Garmin lady. I only recently got a smartphone, so now I am interested in getting weather radar on my Nav V screen. I know I need the Garmin Smartlink app. Can I just link the smartphone to the Nav V, and have it work?

Harry

I put the Garmin Smartlink app on my smartphone, got that and the Nav V connected, purchased the weather service, and that works. I do see weather radar on the Nav V screen. For some reason I am not offered the live traffic service. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Correction: live traffic service seems to be working, and my SENA SMH5-FM is receiving voice commands through the Nav V from the Garmin lady, so all of it seems to work.

Harry

Last edited:
Senas are very picky in the order everything is paired and the sequence you turn things on. I don't have the TFT display so I doubt if my sequence will help you.

Back