• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dreaming of Trans Taiga

Ski bum thanks for posting that info link, makes for good daydreaming reading.

I wonder when the bug season starts and stops, that would be important to know for me.

I can take heat and cold and wind, but NOT swarms of bugs! Or much rain.
Good thing I live in the south west, generally not much rain or bugs.
Nick
1990 K 75 RT

The black flies up there are pretty much insane. I can't remember exactly but I think June-August you're going to get them.

The TT photo journey is pretty cool. The guy on the RR did some great videos too, the last one is the whole thing in FF.

No telling when the border will open. We're hoping it does by then so we can go to CroMag.

We're watching what happens with Covid, vaccines etc as we don't want to be going to First Nations communities if there is any risk any of us could be carriers. Personally I'm hoping we have vaccines by then. Which is why the late timing makes me happy.

You could take North Rd over if you want to extend the amount of dirt. [emoji3]
One of my favourite places to ride, use your bear bag. Have fun!

Oh yes, the Route du Nord is definitely on the list for this run. I think all of us are familiar with what it is. The slightly tricky part will bo to coordinate the Onterriblecrew with the east crew but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Far North

I rode up to Radisson a couple of years ago to see the giant hydro works. Highly recommend a tour while in the area.
Took the Route du Nord on the return. I didn't really have proper tires for that road, but made it through without incident, but was pretty sketchy. Much loose gravel.

- Michael

Pretty sure all of us will be well informed and prepared for lots of loose gravel. Comes with the territory.

Back