• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garmin Express Mac Update - 1/27/2021 - Ver. 7.3.0.0

2 devices now up to date :thumb

My Rand McNally large view map book snickered at me. :brad

OM

Big John keeping us strait. Now, if only I could get that new Donlop on my rim and figure out this no mar tire changer, all will be right in the kingdom again. (Fingertips bruised, ego crushed, YouTube videos on how easy it is... what a crock!). Tire heating over the fire place now, on my second cup of coffee, I think I’ll update my Gamin Express while I wait.

Big John keeping us strait. Now, if only I could get that new Donlop on my rim and figure out this no mar tire changer, all will be right in the kingdom again. (Fingertips bruised, ego crushed, YouTube videos on how easy it is... what a crock!). Tire heating over the fire place now, on my second cup of coffee, I think I’ll update my Gamin Express while I wait.

Reece - I think you're not alone with Dunlop stiffness issues. Even the folks who do those changes every day complain about the wall stiffness. I guess that's one of the reasons Dunlop doesn't make a GT version for the RoadSmart IV.

Big John keeping us strait. Now, if only I could get that new Dunlop on my rim and figure out this no mar tire changer, all will be right in the kingdom again. (Fingertips bruised, ego crushed, YouTube videos on how easy it is... what a crock!). Tire heating over the fire place now, on my second cup of coffee, I think I’ll update my Gamin Express while I wait.

I don't know which Dunlop's you're installing, but besides a warm tire it is important to use a lot of tire lube and to keep the bead in the center of the rim when installing the tire.
Those knuckles that no mar sells can come in handy too.
Don't want to brag but I did install the Trailmax Missions with tire irons and a few choice words too btw...:laugh I am looking at a tire machine too....;)

Saw this today for the Mac. Don't know if it's for Windows too.

According to Garmin their Express update fixes an issue with the ending date for daylight savings time in Morocco. Took me less than five seconds to complete the update (Mac version).

According to Garmin their Express update fixes an issue with the ending date for daylight savings time in Morocco. Took me less than five seconds to complete the update (Mac version).

Actually, sailorlite, I think that's the minor map update, not Garmin Express update. See:

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.52.23 PM.png

Unfortunately Garmin hasn't published the release notes on Express since v 7.1.2 5 months ago on their users forum.

Back