• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Centerstand footbar w lowered pegs

dschumann

1st time posting so bear with me:
I became the owner of a 2004 R1150R this past summer and have loved the new bike, better power, better braking. I did unfortunately however have to part with my beloved '78 R100/7 due to garage space primarily.
Now I am faced with the somewhat onerous task of making the ergonomics work for me (6'1") ...hopefully to make the R1150R as comfortable as the old airhead

I have rearsets for the bars...raised the seat ~2" with some fabricated spacers (while I wait for a "tall" seat to become available on the used market OR pony up the ~500$ for a bran new one)

I also added the wunderlich "peg lowering" kit and this is where the problem exists

My problem is that it takes a great deal of foot dexerity (not to mention small footwear) to be able to get a hold of the centerstand foot bar and get it below the shifter and peg (in order to raise the bike up on the stand)

Has anyone come up with a workable geometry that doesnt interfere w/ shifter but allows for simpler footwork to use the stand

Thanks for your input

I'm not sure it addresses your problem but I found putting the sidestand down before trying to put the bike on the centerstand makes it much easier. I have an 2003 R1150R and have a similar problem as the sidestand is very close to the centerstand tang. Once the sidestand is down, I can put my entire foot on the centerstand tang. Hope this helps!

Back