• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'92 K75RT front brake hose support

AntonLargiader

I'm reassembling a K75RT-P which is a bit of a project (some mixed ages of stuff, etc). I did not disassemble it.

The bike has ABS so there is a hard pipe running forward to just behind the steering head. It goes slightly to the right and points down, then has a rubber support grommet and transitions to flexible line. This is aligned with the rightmost opening in the RT radiator cover, but there is no support point there. Does it mount to the radiator?

Anton,

My 94 K75s has a brake pipe that sounds similar to your RT-P. Here are a couple of a pic of the pipe, face rearward (into the radiator.

I see a bracket holding the grommet, that passes through towards the radiator. I cannot see past the yellow cover, but it is attached just beyond that, which should be the top of the radiator.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 501A1618-4AFA-4973-B89B-EA07ACD3B05D.jpg
    501A1618-4AFA-4973-B89B-EA07ACD3B05D.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 80
  • E6F4682D-C411-4A5C-96AA-083D049984B3.jpg
    E6F4682D-C411-4A5C-96AA-083D049984B3.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 80
Thanks, but the S has a different brake pipe than the RT, and also a different radiator setup. It looks like your brake pipe hooks to the left (not sure because I can't quite get spatial context for your photo) but mine goes to the right. I'll get the specified bracket in here and then maybe it'll all be clear. Or I'll find that they don't match because something else isn't correct!

Didn't realized you had one! Awesome. Could you also snap a pic of the way the ABS control unit is mounted and how the cable goes?

Didn't realized you had one! Awesome. Could you also snap a pic of the way the ABS control unit is mounted and how the cable goes?

I didn't take anything apart so it isn't all obvious. The brake line seems to be supported by a notch in the radiator shroud.

On the ABS about all I can show is that the wiring from the unit goes forward just inside the frame along with all the rest of several wires.

Attachments

• P1020273.JPG
    P1020273.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 53
  • P1020276.JPG
    P1020276.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 55
That shows me a different radiator shroud. The one I have is open on both sides; yours is closed on the right and then notched to support the brake hose. Answers that question.

As for the ABS unit, I was wondering how the big cable to the controller ran and how was the unit oriented under the seat? This one really doesn't have any one good way of fitting. Maybe your control unit is in the radio box? This radio box doesn't have an opening where the cable would go. At the moment the cable runs forward from the right saddlebag mount, outside the shock bolt, and then turns in to connect to the ABS unit. Really looks awful.

That shows me a different radiator shroud. The one I have is open on both sides; yours is closed on the right and then notched to support the brake hose. Answers that question.

As for the ABS unit, I was wondering how the big cable to the controller ran and how was the unit oriented under the seat? This one really doesn't have any one good way of fitting. Maybe your control unit is in the radio box? This radio box doesn't have an opening where the cable would go. At the moment the cable runs forward from the right saddlebag mount, outside the shock bolt, and then turns in to connect to the ABS unit. Really looks awful.

I will look back under the seat. I do know that the control unit big cable exits on the right side rear corner just below the frame member. I will take another picture there.

Back