• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150RT & R1100RS Hard Case Compatibility

tangoalpha

Hi Guys...hope your week is going great.

Quick question... As you know I’m on the hunt for an R1100RS and I’m wondering will the hard side cases from my R1150RT fit? Does anybody happen to know if they are compatible?

Thanks as always for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I may have answered my own question. I checked out the fiche online at Max BMW and came up with the same part number for both bikes. So it looks like they’re interchangeable. My...isn’t that convenient? [emoji23]
73e8a711db1df9cfc7f2a6b126a98362.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the left side, isn't the RS muffler a little more upswept than the RT? May be a clearance issue...maybe not.
On the right, verify the charcoal canister is in the same location (or just delete it); I "think" they are...

I think I may have answered my own question. I checked out the fiche online at Max BMW and came up with the same part number for both bikes. So it looks like they’re interchangeable. My...isn’t that convenient? [emoji23]

Something convenient you should know. Copy any BMW part number for your bike from the fiche, and then put it into the parts number search box. You will get a list of all of the other bikes that use the same part number.

Something convenient you should know. Copy any BMW part number for your bike from the fiche, and then put it into the parts number search box. You will get a list of all of the other bikes that use the same part number.

BRILLIANT IDEA! Thanks very much. Yes, I’ll try that next time.

On the left side, isn't the RS muffler a little more upswept than the RT? May be a clearance issue...maybe not.
On the right, verify the charcoal canister is in the same location (or just delete it); I "think" they are...

Not owning an RS....yet, I can’t say I know about the pipes being upswept. From photos though they appear to be about the same degree as my RT.

The dreaded charcoal canister...I still have mine on the RT. I know Chris Harris did a video centuries ago on the why’s and how’s of the canister-ectomy. One of these days I’ll get it done.

No, they're identical.

Not owning an RS....yet, I can’t say I know about the pipes being upswept. From photos though they appear to be about the same degree as my RT.

The dreaded charcoal canister...I still have mine on the RT. I know Chris Harris did a video centuries ago on the why’s and how’s of the canister-ectomy. One of these days I’ll get it done.

Identical exhaust.

Back