• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need a better photo uploader

Windows 10: Open the Paint App. Select File > Open and navigate to the image stored on your computer. If you want to Crop the image, click on Select > Rectangular Selection probably works the best. After outlining the area you want to crop, then click on Crop. To reduce the size of the image, select Resize. Probably best to use the Pixels option...make sure the Maintain Aspect Ratio button is checked. Then type in 1024 in the Horizontal box...the vertical value will resize automatically with the aspect ratio. When completed select OK. Finally, save the new image to a location on your computer using File > Save As (select JPEG)...be sure to give it with a new name otherwise it will overwrite the original image. Now the reduced size image is available for upload to your post on the forum.

Lee typed faster than I did! I like the way you got to the Paint App...forgot about using the Right Click!

I look forward to their response. What does this thread on the BCF forum provide as far as picture limitations:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?115270-Adding-attachments-to-your-Post

I can't see the link in this thread since I'm not registered.

Sent you a private message. The other forum's photo size limit is 3MB. Then there is another setting for resizing photos automatically if the are under this size limit but exceed pixel dimensions. IMO 3MB is much more reasonable than 1MB given typical photo resolution today and the cheap cost of data storage. I mean what's another disk cost? Honestly most of the time when I have to resize a photo for a post I just don't bother, so I don't post, not worth the hassle.

Great suggestions and instructions on resizing photos!

One small addendum—Win 10 will usually have three apps for working with photos: Paint (legacy version), Paint3D, and Photos. Right-clicking on a photo pops us a menu with options to “Edit with Photos” and “Edit with Paint3D”. But for those most comfortable with working in the legacy version of Paint, that pop-up menu also contains an “Open With...” option, and all three programs appear there.

Best,
DeVern

Back