• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

how to list a bike for sale

ton123

I'm 72 years old and due to physical limitations must sell my 2008 R 1200GS with 13,000 miles. Any suggestions on where to advertise the bike? The BMW Marketplace seems expensive. Thanks, William

I always thought it was free for members :dunno I’m sure someone with actual experience will help you out.
Good luck.
OM

Advertising there is free for our members; prices shown are "asking" prices, let's start the haggling from there (unless the ad says "Firm" or similar).

Dunno about that 1918 RT, though...

ton123 - Sorry to hear of your need to sell. I've got four years on you, and my 2015 RT is not yet daunting, but it's not as easy to move around as it once was.

If you still have copies of your Owners' News around, Wes Fleming wrote an article about selling a motorcycle. It was in the October 2020 issue. You could read the article online through the BMW MOA website by looking under "Magazine Archives" under the top heading of "Owners News." Here's a screenshot of where to find your way to the archives:

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.13.10 PM.png

Back