• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1971 foot peg color

brant914

Hi and I hope its a good MLK day for everyone.
quick question on my 1971 SWB R75/5

I'm still prepping the frame and parts for plating and powder coat
my Right Foot peg is modified by the previous owner
they welded a side kickstand to it.

thinking about replacing the right foot peg with a stock one

both my right and left foot peg are silver colored
it looks like silver-zinc plating and not paint

as I started looking for a replacement peg... all I see are black ones.
I want to know what color is correct for a 1971 year bike?

-should it be silver plated, or black ?

-also... is the SWB foot peg the same one used on the LWB ? (as I look for used parts)

thanks in advance everyone
brant

Max BMW site says that the round passenger pegs 46 71 1 230 477 were used 1970-1976.

Rolands airhead salvage

He has a set listed under /6 spares. I always been satisfied when dealing with Roland.

Foot pegs

Those pegs are cadmium plated and referred to as white (silver) plating. In fact, if something isn't painted (like the center stand) chrome plated (center stand lift handle) ore bare aluminum (handle bar mounts) then it's cad plated (like all the nuts and bolts.

The ones on my '75 R90S appear to be a low lustre chrome finish. I can scrape it with my pocket knife without scratching it.

Back