• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member from Utah

chrisj

Just bought my first BMW - a 1250GS HP so I figured I should become a MOA member.
I've been riding for 35 years but never had a BMW bike before - several cars, but that's a story for another time...

Despite living here in dual sport paradise, I plan on keeping the GS a pavement queen.
I have a lot of trips planned to WY, ID, MT etc.
Hopefully next year I can ship the bike to Europe and ride to Nordkap - but that's quite the undertaking...

Welcome to the club from the sunshine state. We have enjoyed riding your state checking out the National Parks. Beautiful!

Just bought my first BMW - a 1250GS HP so I figured I should become a MOA member.
I've been riding for 35 years but never had a BMW bike before - several cars, but that's a story for another time...

Despite living here in dual sport paradise, I plan on keeping the GS a pavement queen.
Hopefully next year I can ship the bike to Europe and ride to Nordkap - but that's quite the undertaking...

Welcome! Hopefully you’ve been made aware of BMWMOA chartered club #169, the Beehive Beemers! If not, I’d welcome you to keep an eye on our website for the date and location of the next breakfast meeting, as soon as covid permits.

PM me if you’re serious about Nordkapp- there are two of us in the club who will be riding the Alps in August and are planning Nordkapp and the Coast Road in 2022. :thumb

Best,
DeVern

Welcome, Chris, from the coast of Kansas. The southern half of your state is my one of my favorite places to ride. Gorgeous scenery, great weather and magnificent roads ... the winning combination!

Glad to have you aboard with us.

Thank you everyone for the welcome.
I'm in Salt Lake City but even from downtown it doesn't take long to get to nice roads.

The bike is stock so really no different from any other HP - but I'll see what I have for photos.
I was happy that my friend Johnny at Motoworks Chicago had just the bike I was looking for, so I had it shipped out here

Like everyone else, welcome to both BMW bikes and the BMW MOA! Lots of nice people here who will willingly bury you with advice for any questions you may have. :) I live in Boise and know about all the fantastic riding you have just out your backdoor in Utah! But, Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho also have some amazing roads, so you have a lot of options to put some miles on your new ride!

The bike is stock so really no different from any other HP - but I'll see what I have for photos.
I was happy that my friend Johnny at Motoworks Chicago had just the bike I was looking for, so I had it shipped out here

Hola Chris! We're glad that you appreciate BMWs and have found the Forum. Don't know about your level of experience, but a bike that big deserves your respect. You've kinda selected the Boss Hoss of BMWs... When you get your Sea Legs under you, be sure to check out the wonderful wilderness areas in your beautiful state. Might I suggest the Mokee Dugway down near the Valley of the Gods & Mexican Hat! >> https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/783-mokee-dugway-usa.html << It's a fabulous, memorable ADVenture! :whistle

Enjoy your new GS safely - Everyday's a Training Day!
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
:thumb
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Back