• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R27 Right Hand Turn Signal Switch

elfenbein

The switch housing is chrome, but the top paddle is broken off. I don't know what the top paddle is for. Before I took it off on the perch the right turn signal worked, and still does. With the cover off, the plastic inside the case is broken also. From the outside edge the center of the switch is connected to the grey wire; the black wire is connected to the left turn signal; and the blue wire is connected to the right turn signal. These connections are good, because the right turn signal works and there is continuity between the blue contact and the left bulb socket. I hot wired the bulb with a 6 Volt battery, and it is good. I did not check that the left socket is hot with the turn signal switch on the blue contact (tomorrow). The red and grey wires go inside the broken switch, and I can't see what they are connected to. I don't understand why the left turn signal doesn't work.
My Barrington Motor Works R26-R27 Service Manual has arrived...

Start from scratch

You would be better served to get a replacement switch, either a correct replacement from Bench Mark or other source or an aftermarket that will do the job. Disconnect and trace the wires so you know where they go and then wire the switch according to the newly arrived Barringtom manual

Back