• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Roadside Assistance

dlong

When attempting to contact BMW Roadside Assistance using the iPhone app yesterday, I found it unable to connect. I was able to place a voice call and speak with an agent, but ultimately had to arrange for a flat bed truck on my own. That is not the reason for posting.

When I called BMW Roadside Assistance today to arrange reimbursement, I also asked about the non-working app. I was instructed to delete it, and do a re-install. Now I find that the BMW Roadside Assistance app in no longer available in the Apple app store. I was told that the BMW Connected app has replaced it. When I installed it and attempted to register, I received a screen telling me that my VIN could not be recognized. After speaking with a customer service person at the Roadside Assistance call center, and finally at BMWNA, I was told that the new Connected app does not support motorcycles, and that there in no option to contact BMW Roadside Assistance other than voice call.

Has anyone else used the BMW Roadside Assistance app recently with any success? Are new BMW motorcycle customers being offered Roadside Assistance services? With app support? Do Android users still have access to a fully functioning BMW Roadside Assistance app?

One Sunday afternoon in western Washington Annie was having trouble with her almost new R12GS. I called the BMW Roadside Service and got a lady. I could hear dogs barking and children talking in the background and I formed an image of a woman on her couch at home taking the calls. She didn't seem to know about the BMW service but said she would check and call me back. After the call, lacking any confidence that help would soon be on the way, I decided to call the Allstate RV Club roadside service of which I am a member. When I did the same lady answered the phone. We got a room for Annie, I rode the 320 miles to our house where I got my truck and trailer and drove back and picked up Annie and her bike.

I've used the Allstate service twice before for vehicle tows (not motorcycle) and received excellent service. The lesson learned is that any service is only as good as the person on the other end of the phone.

I called the BMW Roadside Service and got a lady. I could hear dogs barking and children talking in the background and I formed an image of a woman on her couch at home taking the calls..

A lot of people are working from home this year.
Last year I called Garmin and Schuberth and both people were working from home.
When Debbie called our local Social Security office about getting a new card, that call was forwarded to a person at home.

One Sunday afternoon in western Washington Annie was having trouble with her almost new R12GS. I called the BMW Roadside Service and got a lady. I could hear dogs barking and children talking in the background and I formed an image of a woman on her couch at home taking the calls. She didn't seem to know about the BMW service but said she would check and call me back. After the call, lacking any confidence that help would soon be on the way, I decided to call the Allstate RV Club roadside service of which I am a member. When I did the same lady answered the phone. We got a room for Annie, I rode the 320 miles to our house where I got my truck and trailer and drove back and picked up Annie and her bike.

I've used the Allstate service twice before for vehicle tows (not motorcycle) and received excellent service. The lesson learned is that any service is only as good as the person on the other end of the phone.

If one can't rely on the roadside assistance being there when needed, why would people spend the extra money for poor or no service? The time has come when everyone offering roadside assistance actually provides assistance [ after all, when you need it, it's an emergency scenario :dunno

If one can't rely on the roadside assistance being there when needed, why would people spend the extra money for poor or no service? The time has come when everyone offering roadside assistance actually provides assistance [ after all, when you need it, it's an emergency scenario :dunno

I have been forced to use our Allstate RV Roadhelp a few times recently. In every case it has been satisfactory. Sometimes it takes a little discussion to find the best tow service and best destination to meet your specific needs. SUV towing a camper with a blown engine? SUV towing a trailer with a motorcycle, with a broken SUV driveline? Motorcycle with no charging system 200 miles from a dealer.

I thought the Connected app was what people with the new TFT display used.

It’s the BMW Motorrad Connected app that connects to the TFT displays, a separate app from the BMW Connected app. And I agree that’s confusing—it makes me wonder if Roadside Assistance is supposed to be available through the Motorrad app. I’ll have to browse through mine to see, but I don’t recall seeing it in there.

Best,
DeVern

I have been forced to use our Allstate RV Roadhelp a few times recently. In every case it has been satisfactory. Sometimes it takes a little discussion to find the best tow service and best destination to meet your specific needs. SUV towing a camper with a blown engine? SUV towing a trailer with a motorcycle, with a broken SUV driveline? Motorcycle with no charging system 200 miles from a dealer.

I have 3 towing options, my insurance carrier, bmw platinum plan and another policy from Best roadside assistance. I hedge my bets, but it's disturbing bmw roadside assistance isn't that reliable to get me off the road. They'd have been my first call, now it will be best roadside who gets first dibs.

Is this the free towing insurance that's part of the three year BMW warranty or the MOA towing insurance?

Yes...It seems from my experience that the service still exists, but can only be contacted through a toll-free number [877-680-2176]. Fortunately, they did agree to reimburse the 216.00 charge to transport my bike about 18 miles from just above Oak Creek Canyon to my home is Sedona.

A lot of people are working from home this year.
Last year I called Garmin and Schuberth and both people were working from home.
When Debbie called our local Social Security office about getting a new card, that call was forwarded to a person at home.

This was pre-pandemic by two years. She was at home, but was she working? Have my doubts.

Is this the free towing insurance that's part of the three year BMW warranty or the MOA towing insurance?

For what it's worth: 2 years ago I was close to the middle of nowhere and got a puncture in the rear tire. With barely any cell service I reached BMW Roadside Assistance through their 1-800-267-8269 phone number. Within an hour the flatdeck truck arrived, we loaded the bike, then the driver asked, "where to?" He brought the bike and myself back to my place, about a 2 hour drive. No complaints here. The phone number worked like a charm.

Yes...It seems from my experience that the service still exists, but can only be contacted through a toll-free number [877-680-2176]. Fortunately, they did agree to reimburse the 216.00 charge to transport my bike about 18 miles from just above Oak Creek Canyon to my home is Sedona.

I have that number as 866-454-4260, can anyone enlighten which is correct?

The number I posted was given to me by a BMWNA customer service humanoid...draw your own conclusions. It seems that several toll free numbers are available for BMW Roadside Assistance.

The number I posted was given to me by a BMWNA customer service humanoid...draw your own conclusions. It seems that several toll free numbers are available for BMW Roadside Assistance.

I lifted my number off this site in the membership section. Interesting they'd have more than one.

I lifted my number off this site in the membership section. Interesting they'd have more than one.

The towing insurance MOA sells is not the same as the towing insurance you get from BMWUSA with a new bike purchase.

Yes...It seems from my experience that the service still exists, but can only be contacted through a toll-free number [877-680-2176]..

That's the number I had from BMW Motorrad USA when our 2016 bikes were in warranty.

1-800-267-8269 is the phone number on the BMW Owner's Card given to me by the dealer when I purchased my bike. I have used this number with success.

Ps. On the back of the card it states, "This service is provided through Allstate Roadside Services."

For whatever it’s worth, if any of you are AAA members, they offer an RV/Motorcycle package which can be added on to your membership. They offer nationwide service and the RV/Motorcycle package gives you 4 additional service calls (tows) and can be used to tow an RV or flatbed your Motorcycle. Another option for you to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back