Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the shot

No doubt we all know this, but having received the vaccine doesn't make us Covid-19 proof. There are still concerns regarding no vaccine being 100 percent effective, that you still can play a role in its conductivity or how long what protection, it provides, will last...among others. So much of the same rules apply with perhaps the exception your odds are better than before. Be cautious out there.
    '17 RT
    MOA #46783

What's the military doing??

Glad all us old guys and gals are getting taken care of. One way or the other, "THE SHOT", is getting to us. Haven't heard a word as to what is happening with the military. For me, they are pretty necessary folks! Like, are the various fleets just cruising around out there in quarantine? Are the various bases "locked down"?
    I know down in the keys, at Key West, the Navy has shut down the whole Navy Base at Sigsby Island where we usually camp for months at a time. It's in quarantine and no word on when we will be able to head back down there...........
    No top secret clearance needed here; but are they inoculating by battalions or something? Are they taking care of dependents? Are base schools open?

With this Regime change I hope the ones that really matter are taken care of.........God bless the USA

When YOU are in N.W. Georgia, find your way on Hwy 136 outside of Calhoun, to my mountain top. Camp or RV awhile up on top of the hill and find the peace that I do..........God bless

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I hope the shot keeps everyone safe(r). I hope that what has been learned with the fast(er) development of the vaccine improves the ability to provide solutions to the next problem that comes along.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I hope the shot keeps everyone safe(r). I hope that what has been learned with the fast(er) development of the vaccine improves the ability to provide solutions to the next problem that comes along.
    OM
    Our country's track record isn't good in this regard. Seems we're always ready for whatever happened 50 years ago when it comes back again. Doesn't seem like we learn well from history ... and it always repeats.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

I clicked this thread thinking it was about photography. Carry on, gents

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Our country's track record isn't good in this regard. Seems we're always ready for whatever happened 50 years ago when it comes back again. Doesn't seem like we learn well from history ... and it always repeats.
    Geezzzee, I hope they donít give up?
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

If we all get our 2nd shot by mid May, WE WILL STILL NEED TO MASK UP, at the rally. I'm okay with that.

How are those that received the shot doing?

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

OM
    Voni and I got our second Moderna doses on Friday, 3/5, late afternoon. We both had a little tenderness at the injection site for a day or so. About 24 hours after the shot Voni started getting chills, and then moderate fatigue. About 4 hours later I got the chills and we both soon just went to bed. By Sunday morning we were both fine except for some remaining fatigue. No real reaction other than the chills, with no fever, and a general sense of tiredness. We would both still jump through hoops to get the vaccine if we needed to. The reaction was in the scheme of things very minor compared to the disease.

I just read a disturbing article about many people sent home with after-Covid breathing problems and oxygen concentrators. And then when half of Texas lost power for a few days due to neglect and stupidity these people were in serious danger of organ damage or death.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 03-10-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I had Moderna jab #2 10 days ago. No side effects. Flying to CA in a week.
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison 2018-Present
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo-via Walt Kelly

The wife and I got the 2nd Pfizer shot last Sunday 3/7.
    I didnít have any adverse side effects or reactions whatsoever after either shot but,
    The wife got a sore arm after the first shot and a completely achy body the next morning after the second.
    All is okay now
    Carl S.
    BMWMOA #11500

OM
    I had the second vaccination on 2/26, my wife had her second on 3/2. My reaction was: "Did you stick me yet?" I had absolutely no reaction at all, i wonder if they gave me a placebo? My wife had a sore spot on her arm and a bit of a headache on day 2 (Tylenol took care of it).

Good luck to those who have yet to get the full vaccination, and good luck to those who have/had a reaction of any kind.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

2nd shot two weeks ago no big deal on affects. Mask up, small groups, wash hands and RIDE!

As stated, letís continue to be careful, masks, hand wash, etc. but from all of us in the EDs, ICUs, COVID units, etc., THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for getting your vaccines (insert virtual hugs, handshakes, high fives here). Stay vertical, stay safe and hope to meet up on the road!

I take it people are aware that life insurance companies will not pay out for a death related to taking the shot as it's an experimental vaccine.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ing-us-problem

" the percentage of workers who declined a vaccine in different regions of the state ranges from 12 percent to 29 percent"

I've heard in some locales, up to 50% of healthcare workers have refused the shot/s. Doesn't that make people wonder what they might know that the general population doesn't?
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr