Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '93 K1100LT, '00 R1100RS

Quote Originally Posted by 6322 View Post
    So thankful that you two were able to get scheduled. 👍
    Thanks Gary. So are we!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    If the "Caretaker" is registered as such with the VA they are eligible for "The Shot" at least that is what my VA said on a Telephone Town Hall last week.

Glad I have my COUNTY to fall back on. I got hold of the spokesperson for the Tennessee Valley VA and got the following in a secure message:

This Va Clinic has to have the vaccine brought to the clinic the day it is being administered to the Veterans . We are giving veterans age 75 and above . We are looking at health risks and trying to get veterans scheduled now . We can only do so many when we have a clinic day for this . Right know we have one day set up and that is 02/03/2021 . It is for age 75 and above . We are only giving the veterans no spouses at this time.

Seems there is no standard of care for the VA........

When YOU are in N.W. Georgia, find your way on Hwy 136 outside of Calhoun, to my mountain top. Camp or RV awhile up on top of the hill and find the peace that I do..........God bless

Shot

To quote that annoying little redhead Annie “ tomorrow tomorrow “ 2nd prick March 3rd
    Getting shot at Walgreens probably stuff leftover from the 35% or 37% of nursing home workers who refused vaccination, my wife and I thank you dumbasses!

Finally many thanks to my wife who got us scheduled and friends who pointed us in the right direction.

As more of us starting getting the jab (the UK term), there are a couple of things which might be helpful to know.

It does seem that the second jab usually produces more side effects that the first one. My NP daughter in Oregon says that's because the first jab gets your body to begin developing immunity, and the second builds on the level of immunity the first one started. She said that Pfizer jabs tend to have fewer side-effects than Moderna jabs. It also seems that the greatest level of immunity occurs beginning about 10 days after the second inoculation. That said, it's still possible to be a carrier, so mask wear continues to be important.

The CDC has a system for monitoring side effects called V-Safe for which you have to register. I got jab #1 this past Friday, and every day about 4PM I get a request from V-Safe to tell what my side effects are, if any. Here's the URL for V-Safe: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ety/vsafe.html
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison 2018-Present
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo-via Walt Kelly

Wow, what a reaction to the Moderna! All good for the first twelve hours, then my shoulder started to ache like any other vaccine. I went to sleep and woke up two hours later to get up and use the bathroom. When I got up I was shiveing violently. I stumbled into the bathroom violently shivering the whole time. I attempted to pick up a cup for a drink but was shaking so bad, the cup flew out of my hand. I stumbled back to bed and laid ther shaking. I put my hand on my chest and I was burning up. I've had hypothermia bunches of times but have never shaken like that. This morning the fever has subsided, more aches and pains and not much appetite.

The nurse that shot me said because I have had Covid19, that my reaction may be more significant. Of course she said but that's agood thing showing that the vaccine and antibodies are working. She also said that the booster will probably cause more of a reaction. Hope I can ride it out.

Good luck to all as you're getting lined up for vaccine.
    Gary Phillips - #6322

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Shots are voluntarily at Fort Rucker Alabama currently for DAC/MIL. Iím holding off on mine for the moment until the military pulls its head out in the execution phase. Also... ďleaders eat last.Ē No stabbing anyone in the back as I muscle my way to the front of the line to, ďget mine first.Ē Itís how I roll.
    I miss that about the Corps. Privates ate first, paid first, etc. Then NCOs, Staff NCOs and up. The concept of servant leadership is foreign to the corporate world.
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet

http://travelswithbarley.com/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I miss that about the Corps. Privates ate first, paid first, etc. Then NCOs, Staff NCOs and up. The concept of servant leadership is foreign to the corporate world.
    Iím a believer in leadership by example.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Iím a believer in leadership by example.
    OM
    Here in Texas the state legislators and state senators, regardless of age or any other criteria except that they are special, jumped the line to be vaccinated. They have illustrated once again the quality of their character.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by 6322 View Post
    Wow, what a reaction to the Moderna! All good for the first twelve hours, then my shoulder started to ache like any other vaccine. I went to sleep and woke up two hours later to get up and use the bathroom. When I got up I was shiveing violently. I stumbled into the bathroom violently shivering the whole time. I attempted to pick up a cup for a drink but was shaking so bad, the cup flew out of my hand. I stumbled back to bed and laid ther shaking. I put my hand on my chest and I was burning up. I've had hypothermia bunches of times but have never shaken like that. This morning the fever has subsided, more aches and pains and not much appetite.

The nurse that shot me said because I have had Covid19, that my reaction may be more significant. Of course she said but that's agood thing showing that the vaccine and antibodies are working. She also said that the booster will probably cause more of a reaction. Hope I can ride it out.

Good luck to all as you're getting lined up for vaccine.
    I have noticed the same thing among my many friends: those who already contracted COVID seemed to have stronger reactions to the vaccine.

I got vaccine #1 (Moderna) through the VA last week. My wife got vaccine #1 (also Moderna) through the US Army clinic at Fort Leavenworth this week. Neither of us had any more than a sore arm, about like we experience with a flu shot each fall.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

A friend got her 2nd Phizer vaccine a few day ago (Hospice Volunteer) and she had a bad reaction about 10 hours after the shot.
    At first she was freezing, then zerking uncontrollably, followed by partial paralysis and not being able to talk.
    The good new is she felt fine the next day.
    She did not have Covid that she knew of.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Today, at Covid-19 shot center, the screener asked me if I'd ever had a reaction to a vaccine. I told her yes, in 1955, at grade school, when they surprised me with a polio shot...I cried!
    '17 RT
    MOA #46783

We got our first Moderna shots today.

2nd scheduled for 3/5/21

We were on 4 lists. Got called by three this week. We took the first available appointment 53 miles away vs 75 miles or 150 miles away a week later.

We cancelled on the other two lists. Voni is smiling, and soom to be sMiling!!
    Last edited by PGlaves; 02-04-2021 at 03:15 AM.

Got my first Moderna Vax today at the VA, second shot sked for March 3rd.

Hoping for a late March Baja run.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Good on you!👍
    Gary Phillips - #6322