• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting the shot

A friend got her 2nd Phizer vaccine a few day ago (Hospice Volunteer) and she had a bad reaction about 10 hours after the shot.
At first she was freezing, then zerking uncontrollably, followed by partial paralysis and not being able to talk.
The good new is she felt fine the next day.
She did not have Covid that she knew of.

Today, at Covid-19 shot center, the screener asked me if I'd ever had a reaction to a vaccine. I told her yes, in 1955, at grade school, when they surprised me with a polio shot...I cried!

We got our first Moderna shots today.

2nd scheduled for 3/5/21

We were on 4 lists. Got called by three this week. We took the first available appointment 53 miles away vs 75 miles or 150 miles away a week later.

We cancelled on the other two lists. Voni is smiling, and soom to be sMiling!!

Last edited:
Got my first Moderna Vax today at the VA, second shot sked for March 3rd.

Hoping for a late March Baja run.

No doubt we all know this, but having received the vaccine doesn't make us Covid-19 proof. There are still concerns regarding no vaccine being 100 percent effective, that you still can play a role in its conductivity or how long what protection, it provides, will last...among others. So much of the same rules apply with perhaps the exception your odds are better than before. Be cautious out there.

What's the military doing??

Glad all us old guys and gals are getting taken care of. One way or the other, "THE SHOT", is getting to us. Haven't heard a word as to what is happening with the military. For me, they are pretty necessary folks! Like, are the various fleets just cruising around out there in quarantine? Are the various bases "locked down"?
I know down in the keys, at Key West, the Navy has shut down the whole Navy Base at Sigsby Island where we usually camp for months at a time. It's in quarantine and no word on when we will be able to head back down there...........
No top secret clearance needed here; but are they inoculating by battalions or something? Are they taking care of dependents? Are base schools open?

With this Regime change I hope the ones that really matter are taken care of.........God bless the USA

I hope the shot keeps everyone safe(r). I hope that what has been learned with the fast(er) development of the vaccine improves the ability to provide solutions to the next problem that comes along.
OM

I hope the shot keeps everyone safe(r). I hope that what has been learned with the fast(er) development of the vaccine improves the ability to provide solutions to the next problem that comes along.
OM

Our country's track record isn't good in this regard. Seems we're always ready for whatever happened 50 years ago when it comes back again. Doesn't seem like we learn well from history ... and it always repeats.

Our country's track record isn't good in this regard. Seems we're always ready for whatever happened 50 years ago when it comes back again. Doesn't seem like we learn well from history ... and it always repeats.

Geezzzee, I hope they don’t give up? :dunno
OM

If we all get our 2nd shot by mid May, WE WILL STILL NEED TO MASK UP, at the rally. I'm okay with that.

How are those that received the shot doing?

OM

Voni and I got our second Moderna doses on Friday, 3/5, late afternoon. We both had a little tenderness at the injection site for a day or so. About 24 hours after the shot Voni started getting chills, and then moderate fatigue. About 4 hours later I got the chills and we both soon just went to bed. By Sunday morning we were both fine except for some remaining fatigue. No real reaction other than the chills, with no fever, and a general sense of tiredness. We would both still jump through hoops to get the vaccine if we needed to. The reaction was in the scheme of things very minor compared to the disease.

I just read a disturbing article about many people sent home with after-Covid breathing problems and oxygen concentrators. And then when half of Texas lost power for a few days due to neglect and stupidity these people were in serious danger of organ damage or death.

Last edited:
The wife and I got the 2nd Pfizer shot last Sunday 3/7.
I didn’t have any adverse side effects or reactions whatsoever after either shot but,
The wife got a sore arm after the first shot and a completely achy body the next morning after the second.
All is okay now

How are those that received the shot doing?

OM

I had the second vaccination on 2/26, my wife had her second on 3/2. My reaction was: "Did you stick me yet?" I had absolutely no reaction at all, i wonder if they gave me a placebo? My wife had a sore spot on her arm and a bit of a headache on day 2 (Tylenol took care of it).

Good luck to those who have yet to get the full vaccination, and good luck to those who have/had a reaction of any kind.

As stated, let’s continue to be careful, masks, hand wash, etc. but from all of us in the EDs, ICUs, COVID units, etc., THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for getting your vaccines (insert virtual hugs, handshakes, high fives here). Stay vertical, stay safe and hope to meet up on the road!

I take it people are aware that life insurance companies will not pay out for a death related to taking the shot as it's an experimental vaccine.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...rs-refusing-vaccine-is-new-growing-us-problem

" the percentage of workers who declined a vaccine in different regions of the state ranges from 12 percent to 29 percent"

I've heard in some locales, up to 50% of healthcare workers have refused the shot/s. Doesn't that make people wonder what they might know that the general population doesn't?

Back