• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting the shot

dennisdarrow

#4869 Earned Lifetime mem
:clap :groovy

hO RAY HOOOOOO RAY HO RAY

Been sittin around this place watchin re-runs of Andy all morning for 10 months. Tired to death of the politics and here in Georgia the bombardment of political ads for the wanna be's that won't make any difference in the long run anyway. Watched the trees turn green, broil all summer, turn beautiful colors, and now are all gone and can see through them all the way up to North Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama from up here on top of the mountain. The mules and Anatolians are always friendly and dont carry the disease so can let them nose up to me and get in my pockets all they want.

To go to town once a month for supplies, wife and I take turns, I have to:
don my certified face coverings and gloves, clothes to dump in the washer to take off out on the porch when I get home, and then I take a shower as I walk into the door upon my return home.......WHAT A BUNCH OF JUNK, and head to town on my rare perhaps once a month visit to pick up supplies

What kills me is the number of idiots not taking any precautions at all. The business has no way of cleaning one's hands or, heaven forbid demand that folks wear a mask. They might do the right thing and even though they might loose business prevent some of the folks from leaving a trail of virus molecules in the air that I walk into behind them as they walk in front of me.

So there I am sitting in the well worn recliner the other morning watching Barney rattle away about something and the phone rings........Shall I answer it or just ignore another sales call.....UP POPS ON THE TV CORNER...."GORDON COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT"!!!! OH GOLLY!! They finally caught up with me about that case of clap I had down at Ft. Knox while at the NCO Academy back in the good days???? Who did I pass it to?? Funny what you can think of in a micro-second.......So, I better answer it.
"This is Mrs such-and-such from the Health Department. We need to set up your appointment to get your VACCINATION FOR THE COVID VIRUS" What!!! You bet!!!!!!!!!!! So, down the road on such and such date, February 25th, I and my caretaker wife are to head to town and get THE SHOT!!!

Enough said to this long ramble.... But, good friend out there reading this........IMAGINE MY RELIEF.....Finally, we can load up the truck with the kayak/sail, all that stuff in the back, hook up the Airstream and head out to Key West, Texas, Colorado and other parts unknown and not worry about a very good chance of my ashes being spread up there on top of the mountain.

God is good..........Dennis

Last edited:
Way to go, Dennis! Georgia must be ahead of Kansas. My initial phone call came from the VA here, not the state, and they do not yet have a specific date, just verifying that I want to receive the shot when they get the vaccine. Boy, do I.

Congratulations and good luck.

We are on three waiting lists: one from a three-county non-profit clinic system; one on our primary care provider's clinic; and one sponsored by the State. We'll take the first one offered if it is Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, and then get off the other lists.

Yes, am also signed up for the Tennessee Valley VA but haven't actually heard anything from them or cant find the list. Just went to the site outlined and clicked the button but who knows what happened.............I really do trust the VA but things will go slow and then one day they will call telling me to show up and get it.......They are also doing the Moderna so maybe it will come at the right waiting time after the first....30 days.....Who knows but HE is taking care of this ol fella........

Our provincial government is controlling the delivery of vaccines and setting the prioritization. Currently they are suggesting that general population (into which I am categorized) will hopefully start receiving the shot starting in June but possibly into the fall. Unless the availability picks up, that will mean I won't be getting to Great Falls for the rally.

On the upside, my Mom who is living in a seniors lodge is expected to get the vaccine soon which is a great relief. I've been quite worried for her since these type of facilities have seen significant incidence of outbreaks. The lodge she is in has done a remarkably good job though of keeping the residents safe.

Dennis - My wife just asked me why I was laughing so hard. I decided not to explain your statement: "They finally caught up with me about that case of clap I had down at Ft. Knox while at the NCO Academy back in the good days???? Who did I pass it to?? Funny what you can think of in a micro-second.......So, I better answer it." This kind of humor you can't make up!

I am also ready to get my two shots anytime they'll give them to me. I'm ready to break out of Massachusetts, hug my children and grandkids again, and (I hope) return to normalcy. Thank you for your thoughts!

I called my VA Healthcare Team to inquire about my shot(s) today.
Received a call back announcing an 1800 Jan 14th Info Call which will explain everything.

Shots are voluntarily at Fort Rucker Alabama currently for DAC/MIL. I’m holding off on mine for the moment until the military pulls its head out in the execution phase. Also... “leaders eat last.” No stabbing anyone in the back as I muscle my way to the front of the line to, “get mine first.” It’s how I roll.

We live in Cherokee Co., GA. The County Health Center has a web site and recently posted that starting Jan. 11, 65 and older could register to get their shot. We're 73. Friends of ours (also in their 70s) said they had not been able to get through the web or phone so they drove to the health center and physically registered. They were scheduled for their first shot last Thursday. We did the same and as my wife was going into the center 3 medical folks were leaving with medical supplies. When my wife asked about registering they told her that no she had to call that was the only way. She went in the building anyway and asked the person at the information window and was directed down the hall to register in person. Had our first shot Monday the 11th.

Got a call to amend dates and times for "THE SHOT" !!!

Now, tomorrow, 1-25 @ 3 PM !! Yes, I know this is only 50% of what I need for full immunity but it's a very positive step forward to getting out of here and being on the road.

Or should I just stay here cause the word is, is that everyone who wanted to escape from like NUE YARK CITY, has bought themselves an RV, pulling it with their PRIUS, and squatting in whatever campground they can get into?? Wonderful to open your door and there 4' away is the slide out of Mrs 1st generation import to the USA, her 4 kids under the age of 7, the 3 dogs, and the pot bellied, in his stretched to the max undershirt with the belly and chest hair blowing in the breeze. He is the beer guzzling, now expert camper, know it all, to share your serenity and privacy with. You open the door to enjoy and soak in the air floating into your individual slice of the world. The FIRST THING you see and hear is Mr. Neighbor sitting in his $19.95 Walmart Barkalounger, who is trying to share the shade of your awning, saying "Hi Neighbor! Want a cold one"................

So, til the precious 2nd shot comes, I survive here. Acting like I have never had any prophylactic to protect me from the carriers of this, for me, KILLER out there stalking the unwary.

Haven't been to like Tractor supply in more than a month. You go in there and it's like a giant exposure to the virus. A huge majority are not masked and while waiting in line or looking at something, seems that folks have no problem with getting up close and breathing your way........Anyway a pet peeve on this rant which should be a positive about tomorrow; but I cant believe how it seems folks are just going around like there is not a problem in the world,. They are whistling Dixie as they expose themselves and others to whatever they have, is everyone's to share. Much more deadly than the case of CLAP that I got at the Ft. Knox NCO academy..........Penicillin took care of and cured that; but death, for me, is the cure for Covid.............God bless

Wife and I have our appointment for Feb 3 at 11:00AM for our first Covid-19 shot in Indiana. Daughter is health care giver, got her second shot 10 days ago. 84 year old brother and his educator spouse received their first shot this morning, in Illinois. Hope the lines keep moving. Wish I had been as anxious for my polio vaccine back in '55.

I received a call yesterday from the local VA hospital. I have an appointment for the first Moderna shot this Friday (four days away) and an appointment for the second shot four weeks later. Yippee!!!

Now, gotta work on getting my wife set up with the local health department for her shot.

I received a call yesterday from the local VA hospital. I have an appointment for the first Moderna shot this Friday (four days away) and an appointment for the second shot four weeks later. Yippee!!!

Now, gotta work on getting my wife set up with the local health department for her shot.

My wife turns 65 in May, so she doesnt qualify on her own for this go around from the county. However, the county allows my "caretaker" to get the shot with me. So, she is covered. Doesn't the VA have the same policy? One would think that with their big programs and push for their several "CARETAKER" programs that the wife for "the shot" would be included. Did you check on this?

Here in Texas the legislators are jumping the line, so to speak. They are so important, don't you know.

in the short term, unfortunately just because you get the vaccine, you can't just resume normal life. still have to social distance. still have to wear masks. you can still carry the virus and spread to others, and the vaccine is not 100%. and nobody around you knows you were vaccinated, so you would be viewed as one of the inconsiderate people who don't care. until we get enough of the population vaccinated, still gonna have to follow the protocols......

but...it is progress to normalcy!

Back