Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Covid entertainment

Hmmm. OM you may have a point. I was hoping the scammer would end up on a wild goose chase. Maybe that was not a great idea.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Hmmm. OM you may have a point. I was hoping the scammer would end up on a wild goose chase. Maybe that was not a great idea.
    Well, he's been chasing my goose since mid-November and I still think that he expects to get the money! The check's in the mail! I just love saying that.
    Boxerbruce

He has acknowleged receipt of the check but says that the bank won't accept it' Will be sending me more bank information to act on! My guess is that he isn't in the location that the check was sent.
    I can't understand why the bank won't take the check! After all, I crafted it out of a blank piece of paper and spent considerable time creating a fancy, frilly border with a fresh Sharpie. The fund that it was drawn on was the entertainment fund for the "Ray Charles Umpire Academy" The bank was the Sixth National Bank of The Here and Now in Utopia, CA.
    So I guess that my challenge is to see if I can string this out until at least Easter....
    Boxerbruce

Latest update. He has given me a Wells Fargo routing number and account number for me to advance the money to. It is in Minneapolis. I've been dodging the transfer because my wife is in Montana tending sick Covid-19 relatives in an off the grid cabin deep in the mountains.
    I told him that since my wife has the car, then I have no transportation and although I really tried to have a friend take me to the bank on Saturday, it didn't work out because the bank was closed. I couldn't go on Monday because it was MLK day and during the rest of the week, my friend is working.
    It has now been two months since his first contact and I can't believe that he's so stupid as to keep up with this deal!
    More excuses as they develop.
    Boxerbruce

I would deposit the check, the sit on it for a while, make up some more excuses and see if the check clears, it won't.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Mehrten
    Who's playing who?

Still in the game

The latest (today) is that he is still waiting for the check! When I sent him the "home made" check it went by itself without the part that he is so desperate for. Funny that he hasn't said anything about the missing part. It is past the time for the check issuing bank to bounce his check. Film at eleven.
    Boxerbruce

Growing bored

I've finally had enough with this guy. He's been sending me emails asking, no pleading,
    for me to respond and provide him with proof that I had sent the money to the account in Minneapolis.
    So I sent one last email pointing out all of the obvious discrepancies in his plan. I also noted that it would take an extremely stupid person to continue asking for money from a check that was obviously bogus. When his secretary told him that his check had cleared I felt that I should advise him that the check was still in my desk drawer. I have not heard from him since.
    I should also mention that my email also included: CC to Michigan police, Las Vegas police and a specific agent in the FBI! Not real addresses.
    Boxerbruce

OH. And I reminded him that I was using a false email address and phony phone number along with a street address that was also a vacant lot behind the local police station.
    Boxerbruce

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    I love these stories about scamming the scammers.
    There is a guy on YouTube who makes it his business to go as far as to hack those guy's computers and get LEO's involved.
    Way over my head when it come to computer skills but nevertheless very entertaining....
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    “When wrestling with a pig, you both get dirty......but the pig likes it”.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200