• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RTW Farkles Part 1 of 6 Bike Protection YouTube

Boxflyer

Apologies for the delayed release of this video, I had some shoulder surgery and am doing well with my recovery. I had bone spurs removed to relieve shoulder impingement.

Well, enough about me, I'll be riding in the spring.

Here is the 1st in a series of 6 YouTube videos covering some of the things I've done for Bike Protection as described in the Overview video.
R1200RTW Farkles Part 1 of 6 Bike Protection
https://youtu.be/GjHlKa0OyIc
R1200RTW%20Farkles%20Part%201%20of%206%20Bike%20Protection-M.jpg

R1200RTW Farkles, Accessories, and Modifications Overview
An Overview of what will be covered in 6 videos to follow, with details covering choices, reasons, and installation notes on most everything highlighted here.
https://youtu.be/W558WWFcIPE
R1200RTW%20Farkle%20Overview-S.jpg

Good stuff- thanks. Funny side note- as you mentioned some of the "extras" (seat screen, guards, HiWay pegs), I'm mentally going, "got that, got that one, got that ." lol Great minds. Having just spent about $700 on my 24K service, I may be ripe for some DIY in that area too! Though I gotta admit that as much as I enjoy wrenching, there's something nice about letting the dealer just deal with it it.

Great Part I - can’t wait for more - planning on farkling my new to me 2016 RT - based on these 6 videos - hope they are all out by Spring here in NE! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Stuff and thanks for sharing! I won the same exact bike, mine with just under 30K miles. Like others have noted I have about 70% of the farkles you've added. The one suggestion I would make is for the front fender extender going with he MachineArtMoto avant extender. It provides more protection and has a superb no drill installation. (not sure it would fit with he from engine protector you've added but for personal reasons I did not add that piece) Also, I have added the screening on the radiators and if folks are looking to do this I was able to add mine with no removal of the body work but a great addition for sure. I have that same rear seat bag that I have used for over 10 years! I am on my 2nd one but that is just great and very reasonable priced.

Looking forward to the convenience video and the replacement parts video. At 6'3" tall my RT fits me well but interested in more convenience :clap

Thanks again!

Glad you are interested in this content.

My PT after shoulder surgery is getting along pretty well, and I'm able to get more strength back in my right arm every day…not that it takes much strength to point at this or that on the bike and do the filming of all that!
It's pretty cold out in my garage so I can only do a little at a time…that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I'll be working on Part 2 of 6 today and hope to get something "in the can" by the end of the week.

Thanks for your support…it helps motivate me to keep at it…it's a pretty daunting challenge to get this all done since I'm very new at this YouTube "creative content" way of sharing experiences. It's soooooo much easier to sit around a cafe sipping a cup of coffee and BS'ing about what you just did to your bike.
I'm not monetized by YouTube and don't want to be! It would expose you to ads and pop-ups that I dislike very much and I just want to share what I know or do with like minded people.

Brad

May 2017—MAX BMW South Windsor, CT. I traded a 2013 K1600GT for this 2016 RT. (You can see I kept the same topcase from the K1600 to my RTW)
New%202016%20R1200RTW-S.jpg
IMG_3618-S.jpg

Box flyer not only makes great videos but he’s incredible in the garage! Helped me Farkle out my 2016 RT in his stocked garage

Front and Rear Crash bars, new mirrors, Denali lights, fancy reflector tape and stripes on panniers, handle bar weights, SW motech tank bag, and a take home set of boxer boards!

And he makes some fantastic pulled pork!!

Thanks Brad! Let’s go riding soon!

Box flyer not only makes great videos but he’s incredible in the garage! Helped me Farkle out my 2016 RT in his stocked garage

Front and Rear Crash bars, new mirrors, Denali lights, fancy reflector tape and stripes on panniers, handle bar weights, SW motech tank bag, and a take home set of boxer boards!

And he makes some fantastic pulled pork!!

Thanks Brad! Let’s go riding soon!

You are very welcome...always want to help make your bike the way YOU want it.

Back